Easy Rolla

KE30Coupe

Originally the Easy Rolla was going to be used as a motokhana car for me & my son however situations change and it now looks like being my daily driver. This has resulted in a need to rethink the whole direction of the car and a new plan has been born.

Engine wise its basically a stock 3K with extractors & a cam and thats the way it will stay for a while. The interior is another issue all together, its basically stuffed which wasnt goint to be a problem when the plan was a motokhana car but now that its going to be used as a driver I need to give it an EXTREME MAKEOVER :)

For those that don't know, this is Easy Rolla currently

post-408-1135117077.jpg

This is the interior

post-408-1135117162.jpg

and this is how the exterior will be when finished (wheels by Rolla Boy :) )

post-408-1135117219.jpg

Between now and new years eve I plan to strip the interior completely doors, roof lining, seats, carpet and dash and totally redo the lot. Having never done it before it will certainly be an experience.

Heres a tip for everyone.......before heading down to Clark Rubber to buy foam and some vinyl to redo the interior of your car DON'T watch 4 hrs of MTV's Pimp My Ride with your missus because she will convince you that white is a good color for the interior of the car........thats right, I am recovering the interior in WHITE!!!!1!!!........Of course it will look sweet with the blue and white wheels but its gonna mean a lot of work converting a basically black interior to white.

Will post some more current interior shots tonight and then the interioir will be stripped. If anyone has any tips re: covering doors, roof etc then they would be appreciated.

I will post updated pics as I go.

Edited by KE30Coupe

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) TIGER!!!!!!!!! Youve learnt something afterall....hehehe

Okay - i can't resist....

I'm thinking yes go blue and white - but mostly blue with white inserts where you arent likely to be touching it with your skin...(sweat marks occur without sweat having to even get involved)

or

perhaps just use white as a pinstripe and go a pale blue instead of a dark one - lighter then the colour of the car...

Edited by Rolln16

Yep planning to do everything myself except the seats. Should be an experience if nothing else. I am actually thinking of white mixed with either blue or black. Black will be easier to do as its a much more available color rather than trying to match the blue but we will see.

A few more "before" shots

post-408-1135152014.jpg

post-408-1135152035.jpg

post-408-1135152053.jpg

post-408-1135152067.jpg

The re-trim isn't a real hard thing to do... the door trims, roof lining and panels are within the handyman's capability. Even if you use the seats as a contrast point and just get some universal seats in black if need be.. otherwise the retrim option for them, go Auto Image in Thomstown... Sam will look after you if you say John referred you. I'm looking at using him for my car after fibreglass stage is done in my car, so yeah, worth it.. he'll go off your budget too and will even suggest what would be a worthwhile avenue for you to take if you wanna do it yourself.

If you want contact details.. let me know and I'll grab them for you :)

Well I took the roof lining off.....didnt have to remove the windows either. Unscrewed a strip of metal across the back window and took out the int light and just pulled it off. Not sure about removing the front of the lining though as it had already fallen off.

post-408-1135417079.jpg

Everything is now out of the car and ready to be renewed and put back in again. Its a shell of its former self............a shell..............get it...........shell...................oh never mind, heres some pics.

post-408-1135417061.jpg

post-408-1135417045.jpg

and heres all the interior on the exterior :hammer:

post-408-1135417095.jpg

Hope to start the refurbishment process boxing day :y: