Reverse Lights Issue ...

Dyzza

hey guys

my little ke30 was an auto from factory (well thats what the little 'automatic' badge tells me on the boot :)). since i've had the car, the reverse lights haven't been working.

From the engine bay, i can see the plug on top of the gearbox to send the signal to the rear of the car. But .. i can't find a plug coming from the loom to rig up to go to that plug. The answer might be obvious for some guys on here, but i'm clueless.

I was just wondering if there was a similar style plug on the auto gearboxes. If not, i'll have no troubles riggin up some reverse lights myself.

Oh yeah, it was the last owner that put in the 5 speed.

Anyways, thanks for ya time

Dyzza

Edited by Dyzza

Members dont see this ad
In the next few days, I am pulling the auto out of Jero's KE30, so I will take pics for you :hammer:

Yeah dude that would be sweet~!

it usually plugs into the shifter, check the carpet around the shifter hole

I found two plugs around the shifter under the carpet. They joined the loom than runs towards the rear of the car. The plugs are the cylindrical types. The plug on the gearbox is a single wire, a square plug (those ones, once clipped, you have to put that bit in to get it undone).

Is one of the 2 inside the cabin likely to go to earth, with the gearbox plug being rigged up to the other ?

Cheers, Dyzza

When i did my Auto to Manual conversion, the plugs were how you are describing them. I had to chop off the existing plugs (blocky plastic connectors), and just crimp on some male and female wire joiners.

There should be two wires coming from your loom within the car. There will also be two wires coming from the gearbox itself.

As Jamie said, the wires normally were plugged into the Auto shifter, so they will be in that area.

When i did my Auto to Manual conversion, the plugs were how you are describing them. I had to chop off the existing plugs (blocky plastic connectors), and just crimp on some male and female wire joiners.

There should be two wires coming from your loom within the car. There will also be two wires coming from the gearbox itself.

As Jamie said, the wires normally were plugged into the Auto shifter, so they will be in that area.

ah cheers dude. there is probably another plug on top of the gearbox somewhere, i'll just poke around the dirt/grease to find it. I'll keep ya posted.

Cheers, Dyzza

There will also be two wires coming from the gearbox itself.

hey

i can only find one plug coming off the gearbox. Does the 2nd plug come out from the same point ? if it does, then it must have snapped off or something ... coz there is only one plug on there :S

Cheers, Dyzza

Mine has two wires coming from the gearbox. They both come from the same spot on the gearbox.

I don't have an explanation for yours.

Hmm ...

i'll clean it up a bit and have a closer look, the wire might have just snapped off or something ... This is just one thing on my list of things to fix or replace (horn, squeaky carby, smaller carby jets, rims, exhaust ...)

Dyzza

also check your fuse

my 5speed ke55's reverse lights were out so i changed the fuse and the worked. its the same fuse as your rear demister so if you get the little orange light in the middle of your demsiter switch then your fuse is a-o-k

i have a rear demister? alright.

I'm pretty sure that the reverse lights aren't hooked up, but if they don't work when i wire them up ... then i know 1 potential problem. Cheers dude.

Dyzza