K Series Manifolds

Figjam14

i want your opinon to which exahaust manifold to run on my 3k (60thou over, big carby but standard, bp head etc.) where not alout to run extractors because of class rules. I'm currently running the twin from a 3k or 4k not to sure but we have a 5k mani which is a single outlet. running a 2inch with one mufffler , we just want to know whats your opinon on the best i had a search and i found out twin is more torgue and single is more hp? not sure how true that is tho thankyou.

ill mesure then and get to yas.

Members dont see this ad

If you can only use factory manifolds from a K series engine, get a 5K twin exhaust manifold, they flow infinitely better than the stock into 1 setup.

You might have some luck using a 7K Manifold, they are twin factory.. but you may have to play with the ports ;)

Ok so your stuck with using stock exhaust manifolds, but can you modify the manifold ?

Can you wrap it with that high temp wrap stuff ?

If you can then see if you can bore the manifold out a little, its cast iron it'll take a bit punishment.

Do some googling on exhaust gas resonance or exhaust waves or whatever. Basically its where the exhaust gas will send a sound wave down the exhaust and at certain spots in the exhaust that wave will turn around and travel back to the cylinder and either kill the intake flow or help the intake flow. If you add "steps" into the exhaust you'll be able to tune the wave into helping the intake flow into the cylinder. Mind you this wave does effect the exhaust gas as well.

Another thing is what are the winners doing to help them ?

If you can only use factory manifolds from a K series engine, get a 5K twin exhaust manifold, they flow infinitely better than the stock into 1 setup.

You might have some luck using a 7K Manifold, they are twin factory.. but you may have to play with the ports ;)

7kc has same ports as a 4k. 7ke are bigger and bigger studs too