Rust In The Canals...

CorollaBenny

Members dont see this ad

If the inside (vertical) part of the channel was OK we would cut along the outside top edge of both the car channel and the new one, then weld right along that seam.

Its not as good as replacing the top (horizontal) part as well, but it saved a lot of work taking the old channel off the pillars.

post-7544-0-54339200-1326491312_thumb.jpg

Well, you can see from your own photos in post #14 that the hoist lifts the car in exactly the wrong places.

Can you put a piece of timber along the car underneath to support the floor flat while you have the channel cut off? I haven't seen under those Corollas but I don't expect the floor to be flat so the timber would need some spacers.

Certainly you will want it supported at the front pillar, the rear wheel arch and in the middle. Maybe three axle stands.. You don't have to lift the car right off its wheels if you don't mind working while lying on the floor so the suspension still takes some weight.

Are your new channels just a top and an outside curve? I assume they are. So take a grinder and cut the old channel off on one side and see if the doors open & shut OK without it. That will tell you how much it sags.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry that I haven't posted any pictures yet, but it will come, but not before three weeks because I'm not going to be working on my car before that.

But any1 think that I can install a new front windowshield wiper arm? I've took off the old one at school, but you guys think that I can install it with little space in the parking lot?