February 28, 201313 yr Author comment_648710 Shit really? can't remember how many point the cage is, but ill find out and get back to you.. As for the flex test what does that involve? Think you could try find a video or something.. Money isnt really an issue, only problem would be making sure the little bastard passes! Report
February 28, 201313 yr comment_648723 Flex test involves tieing down 3 corners of the car and jacking up the 4th corner to a predetermined level. The level is quite harsh and would likely require a cage, or some extra structure to get a corolla through. ncop is much more flexible in body mods than the previous rules. here you go, start reading. http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Safety/Vehicle-standards-and-modifications/Vehicle-modifications/Light-vehicle-modifications.aspx Report
March 1, 201313 yr Author comment_648826 Flex test involves tieing down 3 corners of the car and jacking up the 4th corner to a predetermined level. The level is quite harsh and would likely require a cage, or some extra structure to get a corolla through. ncop is much more flexible in body mods than the previous rules. here you go, start reading. http://www.tmr.qld.g...ifications.aspx Thanks for the help dude!! Report
July 9, 201313 yr Author comment_661255 Shittt! Its been a while whats every one up to? Any how, some good news, my motor is built, finished and purs like a deformed lion.. The car has been taken to a work shop where they will be mod plating the entire car for everything, the engine bay is getting tubbed, the car will be engineered completely, and it will receive a full engine bay respray, and full exterior respray.. I got some new hell wide superlight wantanabe look a-likes, and ordered some more little bits and pieces from techno style tuning.. Got some brand new bride gias fixed back genuine, that ill install also. The car will be back in my hands in 4 weeks, where I will have one week home to get everything bolted in and the car running.. So on that note, ill post a decent size update with pics in a few weeks.. Get excited as the ETA for completion is 6 weeks! Report
September 18, 201313 yr comment_667307 read this thread twice now and still no new pics! :rant: can't wait to see how it all turns out Report
September 25, 201313 yr comment_667806 Came out of 'roll retirement to request an update on this. I literally can't think of anything I would have done differently with this build. EVERYTHING is relevant to my interest in this. Report
December 9, 201312 yr Author comment_673344 ........... Edited November 11, 201411 yr by chrisfindlay Report
December 9, 201312 yr Author comment_673345 Anyhow, here is what you guy's have been waiting for.. My tarago diff and altezza center arrived late last week, they will be assembled and powder-coated when I am home, then they will be fitted to the car.. (in my images below you will notice the rear wheels don't fill my bolt on flares, the diff will solve that and they will soon fit flush) So I finished cutting my rear door cards and sprayed them black, fitted them to the car and they turned out great in my opinion.. Here is a quick internal view before I resprayed the interior, you'll also see a sneak peak of my cage, it has to be sprayed and bolted in properly, but it should be awesome. I then cut and modified my ae86 CBY flares, sprayed them black, siliconed rubber lining to the edge and fitted them to the car. They turned out wicked too! Also you may notice my new wheels, I'm unsure of if I uploaded photos of them earlier, but yeah if not here they are! 15x8-10, 15x10-24 Superlite GTR-D's. You'll also notice the "Ke70" plates, I purchased them for this car and just momentarily fitted them to the green panno.. They should be the final piece to the puzzle, and help achieve everything I was chasing when starting this build once the car is on the road.. I also cut and fit a sunroof, took a fair bit of effort and a heap of time to get the measurements and positioning correct, but that also turned out great! I removed the sub and amp setup from the boot, and decided to try something completely different.. I resprayed my sub and fitted it in the rear firewall. Any how, all thats left to do on the car is fit my rear diff assembly, have a custom tail shaft made up, my motor needs to be assembled and lastly but not least the car needs to go to in for a respray (same colour, unfortunately I moved it outside for a while, bark, leaves and sticks fell on-top of it and sap leaked all over the car, its impossible to clean off) while the car is there they will be cutting and welding tub's into my engine bay and respraying the bay candy apple red.. I'm not sure if I mentioned this earlier but the guy who I took my motor and all parts to ended up being dodgy, he sent my parts off to all sorts of people all over the shop after I payed him large sums of money and disappeared, I have since spent 8 months tracking down my motor and parts, and have actually had to buy back my parts from those who he gave them to.. So soon enough they will be back in my possession and the motor will be assembled. Report
December 17, 201312 yr Author comment_673732 ........ Edited November 11, 201411 yr by chrisfindlay Report
November 11, 201411 yr Author comment_690548 Got my shit together finally after a few hurdles here and there and I'm back in the ke scene. As some of you know I also own an A31 Nissan Cefiro, its come to a stand still build wise as I can't currently afford the last few components left to finish the project. Said car... So with that out of the way I've knuckled down and began work on the corolla once again. I began this week by fitting my Fender mirrors, Fender braces, front tow hook, and I removed the stock diff assembly and sway bar so that I can install my Whiteline sway bar, and t3 adjustable parts.. I'm also going to be lowering the car a lot more than I had initially intended which should make it look a whole lot cooler. I hope to update more next week. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now