Madaline: '84 Ae71

Biggo

Ive had this peice of junk for a while now so i thought i'd post it up here and scavenger some motovation to see it moving again. All comments will be appreciated.

Car - 1984 AE71 Corolla Spirit, 340 000 odd km's and no serious rust! Car was bought for $100 on ebay, which i thought was a bargin.

64ht.jpg

Motor - 4AGZE out of an AW11, 127 000 km's bought a whole rear cut for $1700

39iu.jpg

Things to be done:

New radiator and set cooling system up

efi fuel pump

exhaust

intercooler in frount mount and plumbing

Wiring - any one wanna help?

What do you guys think?

Edited: stoopid pics didnt work

Edited by Tiger

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:) Where's my rear cut for cheap...sounds like a good project....now GET INTO IT!!!

I would be getting in to it except for this thing called money, so i'll just let her sit around and gather up some more dust.

Anyway halfcuts can be got cheap from asian auto spares that is if u can put up with them. I vaguley remember seeing em advertised for $1500 once.

I'm usually located in Noosa QLD.

Does any one know a wiring dude? Ive rung around locally and all i hear is "what!"

Also i forgot to mention it has a carbon clutch and modified pressure plate with a load raiting around 1000kg. The motor probably has goodies in it too if the shopping list on the cut is anything to go by.

Man this weather is a bitch hey....

Hmm ishould try doin some more work on it. But yair...... i blame the weather. The mortor is ready to go in, but i wanna get some wires and cooling lines sorted first (what goes where?).

Has anyone actully got a running one with the same setup?

Well the weather is still here and the motor is still sitting on the floor. I'm bored so i thought id post up what this project has cost me so far.

AE71 - $100

AW11 MR2 half cut - $1700

Exhaust manifold - $75

Flywheel +Clutch + Pressure plate - $50 (big thanks to Lachlan at 999 for this)

Radiator hoses - $30

Total - $1955

Things to get:

Radiator - FREE of uncle Den!

Feul pump - ~$50

Wiring - ~$500 - 600

Anyone got opinions/thoughts? Cos I'm still running low on motivation hehe.

• 1 month later...

Well today i did some work on it!!!!!

I'm salvaging everything out of the mr2 and sticking it in my 71.

Made a remote boot release, its in the back tho as the cable wasnt long enough to go anywhere else so yair its in the back.

Stripped the rear seats out.

The motors in the engine bay but not fitter cos its a git and loves my curses. 3 weeks of hammering and swearing havent got it in yet so I'm still working on it.

Next I'm going to clean up this dog hair and strip the tar/sound deadner stuff .... but the weathers in the way.

Later

tried again today.

the motor is hitting the fire wall at an angle. its connected to the gear box so its impossible to get it flat, line it up and just drop it in. Hell it wont even line up at all cos when its up high all the lines and brake master get in the way.

Anyway I'm goin to drop it thru and connect the xmember to it THEN lift it up. Hopefully this will solve any clearance issues.

How much room is left between the fire wall and rear water outlet when its fitted?

And does anyone have a spare rear water outlet i can buy???