Twin Webers On Ke70?

BenH_Ke70

post-14477-0-71668500-1327316086_thumb.jpg

my 38 dcoe sideraft carbs :)

would it be worth putting them on a stock 4k with a set of extractors? better throttle response or power increase?

I am pretty sure they were set up for a ford Kent motor 1600cc

specs:

30mm venturis

F11 Emulsion Tubes

180 air correction jets

140 main jets

45 f23 idle jets

Just looking for a little feedback, maybe someone who has a similiar setup could shed some light, I'm kinda thinking that unless I modify my engine i probably wont gain much at all.. might just save these for another project..

Members dont see this ad

well.. four 30mm venturis opening at once into an engine that usually has one 27mm or so... It will drown!

I expect you would have to choke it down and re-jet it, and it would be a lot better... it would need a head porting job, upping the compression and certainly a hot cam to match those carbs and get some great gains.

Give it a try, you should see it improve the moment you fit them, and we would love to know just how much the 4K is held back by the carb.

hmm, might end up spending more on the 4k than i planned.. to be honest i want a 4age lol, but i want more out of my 4k in the meantime. thus my reasoning for carbies, but if i have to build up the 4k to use them then i will just save m oney for 4age haha..

Thanks altezza, put it simply the car will drown with all that extra fuel of the webers.

Yeah, you'll have to spend a bit jetting those. Chokes are too big as are the jets and emulsion tubes. It might be worth getting a quote for tuning them before completely giving up though. It's still going to be less complex and probably cheaper putting them on than a 4AGE conversion

hah 7ac!

just spent a good 15mins researching the idea..

very interseting. i wonder why people havent done that before (well on the forums anyway...)

http://forums.club4ag.com/zeropost?cmd=tshow&id=42373

this guy mentions what timing belt to use and everything. looks like a bolt up affair appart from that small water pipe mod and the water pump.

yeah ke70 bit of effort.

have a read about the 7age conversion, that should tell you what clutch you need.

AE71 xmember, engine and gearbox

t50 gbox

hyraulic clutch setup...

ae71 tailshaft..

getting expensive....

7ac really only makes sense in a ae71 or ae86...as its got all that stuff already.

hmm, well if i managed to get a hold of an ae71 wreck.. no idea how hard they are to find...

I reckon it would be worth it, it's one step up from a 4k and its easier/cheaper than a 7age

and then its halfway there anyway, thrash it around for a while and save up for 7age build :)

yes a 4age head would make a fair bit more power, the advantage of using the 4ac head is its cheaper and also less mucking around with electrics as you would be able to run it all with standard loom.

although 4age head and carbs just running on dizzy with locked out timing wouldn't be too much of a hassle. I've been reading up on megajolt junior ignition system, seems to be the go for running carbs without a dizzy. Not too expensive, and you can fully program ignition curve, vaccumm advance and some other stuff. makes it a bit easier to tune

yes a 4age head would make a fair bit more power, the advantage of using the 4ac head is its cheaper and also less mucking around with electrics as you would be able to run it all with standard loom.

although 4age head and carbs just running on dizzy with locked out timing wouldn't be too much of a hassle. I've been reading up on megajolt junior ignition system, seems to be the go for running carbs without a dizzy. Not too expensive, and you can fully program ignition curve, vaccumm advance and some other stuff. makes it a bit easier to tune

I built a 4age on twin dellorto dhla40s.

I've done the Silicone Chip ignition timing computer (Basically the same thing), and it was a major headache. Unless you REALLY know your electronics, I wouldn't recommend it. Also, you have to program each MAP position individually, all 250 of them.

I ended up opting for a custom built distributor with a matching custom timing computer.

If I was to do it again, I'd go with ITBS, and injectors.

Goodluck with the build.

I built a 4age on twin dellorto dhla40s.

I've done the Silicone Chip ignition timing computer (Basically the same thing), and it was a major headache. Unless you REALLY know your electronics, I wouldn't recommend it. Also, you have to program each MAP position individually, all 250 of them.

I ended up opting for a custom built distributor with a matching custom timing computer.

what ignition did you use exactly? if you don't mind me asking. Did you use a crank angle sensor for timing?, i don't understand why you would have to program the map positions seperately, did you run a vaccum line from the manifold with a resivoir (spelling) to equalize the vaccum reading?