Filter For The 5K And Other K Cheaper Than Ever!?

diegoh

FOund these which are pretty cheap compared to Toyota Parts dealership

and reason why they are not as good since they have the same valves

and the micron rating is the same or worse?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OIL-FILTER-51394-TOYOTA-80-07-CAMRY-COROLLA-QTY-12-/120251950679?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1bff932657

your opinions please?!

Members dont see this ad

;) bullet proof they are but noticed using cheap filters the engine oil light takes longer when starting up due to the checkvalve been better on Toyota filters from factory. My old 4kc is still going using factory filters just had HG changed at 420,000 with hone marks still good, good comp and now just over 600,000klms for the old tractor :))

If you mean the Toyota filters, they are straight from a Toyota dealer or any helpful member of Rollaclub who works at Toyota... i bought half a dozen from one of our members after the oil filter on the car (covered in Japanese writing) let the filter drain each night. That marked the bearings as it filled up every morning with no oil pressure and eventually I replaced the bearings.

I had a similiar issue when using a ryco oil filter on the ke70, the oil light would stay on just those few extra seconds when starting hot/cold. Then I inquired at my nearest dealer about a genuine unit and was told there were two types. One being the (90915yzze1) made in Thailand - this filter is a small unit but is applicable to the 4k. Price was $18.00 give or take.. I still bought it as it could be put on a ae92 which I also have..

Then there is the large type filter produced in Japan for $21.00 or so which I have put on and since then the oil light only flashes on cold/hot starts. But I think even if you went with the samller 90915yzze1 it would do a fine job on the 4k anyhow and be slightly cheaper:y:

Ebay link to a bulk purchase: While the listing dosent say 4k or 5k it says so on the box..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/90915-YZZE1-Genuine-Toyota-Oil-Filter-X10-Camry-Corolla-/380339938732?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588e06e5ac

EDIT: Photos of the yzze1, 4 and 5k compatible.

S5004062.jpg

S5004061.jpg

Edited by Ben-89