2006 Events

ancullen

adam y i took off on sund was coz i brock my turbo :lock: so i have to get a new one now but i can get a new motor rb20det for $600 from ichiban performance engines thay have 4ag 20v and 4agze from $500 to $1495 so the rolla mite get a 20v soon

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

adam y i took off on sund was coz i brock my turbo :lock: so i have to get a new one now but i can get a new motor rb20det for $600 from ichiban performance engines thay have 4ag 20v and 4agze from $500 to $1495 so the rolla mite get a 20v soon

I know of a 20v up here with a microtech for sale. PM me if you want to know more. Although 20V's aren't the easiest motors to setup for RWD.

Yeah Lenny's 20V would be a good way to go. Although I may be able to pick an AE86 up for $1,000, in which case I'll probably buy the 20V if it's still available.

imnost - have you considered going to an RB25 if you're swapping anyway, or is the extra cost too great? I know they're in far greater demand than the RB20, but it might be worth considering.

the man speaks wise words there imnost...

I happen to have a Standard RB20 turbo that I'm selling matty would you be intereted in buying it?

Its off a cefiro (blacktop RB20) so its a little bigger than your R31 passage GT NICS RB20 turbo.

Also if youre considering a donk swap VL turbo engines arent bad for the cheap prices they command for a well built one, being a R31 its perfectly legal to use it, as they had a RB30 version as well and being slightly simpler of an engine they are easier to work on for a less skilled mechanic.

Single Cam RBs FTMFW!!!

yeah i meant the microtech I'm after a ECU for my AE82 so i may run some sexy quad throttle bodies i have put away it can't be done with standard ECU apparently.

as for the 1.8's they will be built beautifully, by a friend who is a pro mechanic, hes built a few tough N.A cars in his time. Ill just be learning how to do it at the same time...

If i didnt plan to use them both i wouldnt be greedy and take both the cheap bottom ends id be offering one to you so err yeah unfortunatly they arent for sale. tho i know o one for sale for a thousand bucks... :lock: bout ten times what I'm paying tho...

i have one 16v cam cover and one GZE cam cover... problem being niether have oil cap holes ROFL, my motor on the other hand has two ;)

one toyota oil cap and one HKS oil cap (yep I'm just a ricer at heart)

ive mixed and matched MR2 and bigport rocker covers just for something different

Edited by Ella

My only problem is the passenger side cover, where it's got the holes for the intercooler mounting bolts. If you've got a 4A-GE cover (not a 4A-GZE one), I'd like to grab it off you as it won't have these holes, so oil won't piss out onto my firewall and bonnet. You can see where the mounting bolts are in the following picture, although they're not all there now as one is lost and one snapped. :lock:

post-397-1156904771_thumb.jpg

To actually make this topic go back 'on topic', there is going to be a motorkhana held on Saturday the 14th of October. I know this is a LONG time away, but vh-holden (with whom I've been doing some organising) wanted to be able to get his car ready over the mid-semester school holidays. Unfortunately due to my work commitments we couldn't do it on the last weekend of those holidays, but have to wait till the next weekend. So all of you schoolies will have a chance to make sure your cars are ready and won't have any excuses.

Please post a response below as to whether you think you'll be able to make it or not. We haven't worked out what time it'll be yet, but put bets on about 10am. I know this may be too early for some of you, but I don't want to be standing out in the sun when it's at it's worst.