5K And 5 Speed Into Ke10

ollii

Members dont see this ad

Supposedly one of the stiffening braces on the side of the engine to gearbox hits the pitman arm, can't confirm though as i haven't put mine in yet.

What 5 speed? ke55 or ke70? because they both fit further back that the factory ke10 shifter position. Ke70 sits about 6" further back ke55 not quite as much. You'll have to cut a hole either way>

Then there's tailshaft as i found the yokes are different between early and late boxes

Supposedly one of the stiffening braces on the side of the engine to gearbox hits the pitman arm, can't confirm though as i haven't put mine in yet.

I can confirm this. I'm Not running either of them, and haven't had any problems in over 5 years(last two years of driving was with a 100rwkw supercharged 5k)

^ Is yours a factory manual or auto shell? Mine has a ke30/55 gearbox in a auto ke10 and it comes through the existing hole.

I've also got a k-t. I'm going either t18 or ta22 t50 over an ae71/86 one simply because of the output spline count. (and price difference)

T18 is the same shifter location as a ke70, so furthest back, requires cutting shell. Where as a ta22 t50 is ke30/55 position and will come through the auto selector hole.

I've done a bit of looking into this for mine. But if yours is a factory manual you're going to have to cut a hole further back.. as there isn't a t50 with a shifter position that far forward..