Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5K And 5 Speed Into Ke10

Featured Replies

does it bolt in? anything i need to watch out for? what tail shaft do i need to use? any tips and tricks?

Supposedly one of the stiffening braces on the side of the engine to gearbox hits the pitman arm, can't confirm though as i haven't put mine in yet.

 

What 5 speed? ke55 or ke70? because they both fit further back that the factory ke10 shifter position. Ke70 sits about 6" further back ke55 not quite as much. You'll have to cut a hole either way>

 

Then there's tailshaft as i found the yokes are different between early and late boxes

  • Author

ok cheers for that. cutting holes is no drama. I'm pretty sure its a ke70 box but not 100 percent how do i tell? so depending of which box i have is which combo of uni/yokes i need to use?

How far back is the gearlever?

Yeah I'm not too sure on yokes yet.

 

I have a ke70 5 speed box and it came with a ke70 yoke off the 5 speed, so I'll see of that works

  • Author

Yeah pretty sure it's got the shifter at the back (ke70) but should be getting the tailshaft with it so would be interesting to see what u find?

Supposedly one of the stiffening braces on the side of the engine to gearbox hits the pitman arm, can't confirm though as i haven't put mine in yet.

 

I can confirm this. I'm Not running either of them, and haven't had any problems in over 5 years(last two years of driving was with a 100rwkw supercharged 5k)

  • Author

^^^ so you had no tail shaft issues?

are there any 5spd options that will fit without cutting the car?

how does a t50 line up (i have the k to t bellhousing)

Ryan

^ Is yours a factory manual or auto shell? Mine has a ke30/55 gearbox in a auto ke10 and it comes through the existing hole.

 

I've also got a k-t. I'm going either t18 or ta22 t50 over an ae71/86 one simply because of the output spline count. (and price difference)

 

T18 is the same shifter location as a ke70, so furthest back, requires cutting shell. Where as a ta22 t50 is ke30/55 position and will come through the auto selector hole.

 

I've done a bit of looking into this for mine. But if yours is a factory manual you're going to have to cut a hole further back.. as there isn't a t50 with a shifter position that far forward..

  • Author

I'm still after confirmation on what I will need to do tail shaft wise, 5k with ke70 5 speed to orginal ke10 diff.

  • Author

At the moment I have a 4 k with a 4 speed I am picking up a 5k with a 5 speed this week to chuck in her

  • Author

Ok I can do that. What about bolting it up to the diff? Same bolt pattern etc?

Well you will need to get a tail shaft with the 5 speed as the 4 speed one is different length

 

Sure about that?

 

Should have no issues fitting a tailshaft that fits into a 4spd, into a 5spd.

^ :yes:

 

Converted tim's ke55 to 5 speed from 4 speed and it was the right length. Pretty sure all K boxes are the same length just the shifter pos is different.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.