Is It The Rings? 4k

Falken_KE30

my old ke20 that i had, was taking a mate home and it was wet so i gave it to it goin round the corner but it just single spun and didnt kick out, but the point is that i had 12" stockies on it and chees cutter tyers and i reved first out and i hit at LEAST 8 grand, horrible noise. I'm rebuilding that one soon anyway. should go see if i can hit 9 :D

what will a standard 4k not rev past? (not hi-jacking thread)

i had the same problem with one of my engines, oil where it shouldnt have been but I'm pretty sure that it was just overtight plug tube thingis. squished the o-ring and bunched it up over one side. undid the 4 of them anyway, got some new o-rings and then she was all good to go again. no more oil.

although my engine wasnt coughin and spluterin though. :y:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone know where peak power is on a stock 4k? ive taken mine to 7000 and slid my foot sideways off the clutch, but axle tramp isnt so cool these days :D

just wondering, coz dad always whinges when i hit 4500-5000 b4 changin, its where she feels best tho...

anyone with knowledge?

cheers, andrew

i agree with the k-series cups being shit, they not only get streatched but wear relly thin from being tightend 2, use (at the very leasd) a silicone sealer that wont mix in with the oil. and b carefull when u remove the plugs and the cups that you don't lose any more oil down the spark plug holes.