Is It The Rings? 4k

Falken_KE30

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

know of how to get the oil out from around the plugs?, do i just take the plug out?

you can do that. you could always degrease it, and suck the excess water that endsu up in the plug tubes out with a big syringe, with a bit of vacuum tubing attached.

check the fit of the end of the plug tubes around the spark plug threads. when they are overtightened they stretch and open up in bad cases. you may need to find a better set?

the plug tube orings should be sealed with permatex No. 3 non hardening aviation gasket goo. be fairly generous and they will never leak.

i have found a stock bottom end in good nick will be fine up to 8 grand.

unless you have cam, compression, headwork, induction and exhaust systems addressed there is no point revving that hard. my last 4k made peak HP around 7500 rpm. it loved revs.

The burr on the cup is killing your seal dude

* Put the sparky cup flat upright on a bench.

* Find a good bolt/ punch the width of the bottom of the cup and and hammer it flat again.

* Get a die grinder or a round file and take the burr off the aluminum edge so the spark plug fits again.

Then as TRD KE70 says.

try buying some new "O" for the plug tubes and use some sealant on them when you install them.

That stopped the oil getting blown out under compression with mine. New cups are exxy, and the wreckers are hit and miss.