2012 Motor Enthusiast Conference

Kebin

Sorry for the late notice but will be held this weekend at Eastern Creek Raceway. I've copied the following from another forum which explains majority:

"Hi Guys,

Not sure if you guys know but I thought I would post this up:

As the post says this is not a protest as such but rather a show of strength in opposition to the draconian legislation threatening our sport.

Vehicle Standards Bulletin 14 (VSB 14)

A lot of you may not know but the bureaucrats at the RTA have quietly disposed of the VSI50 which is no more, however they HAVE snuck in the VSB14 which affects us all. In essence ALL our modded vehicles are illegal, the slightest deviation from the car that rolled out of the showroom as standard is ILLEGAL.

New Information

VSI50 still exists, but has not yet been finalised

- VSB14 is a federal standard

- VSI59 is the NSW interpretation of VSB14 is not yet finalised, or adopted.

- Current engineering certificates are still valid, and can be presented to the RMS until June 2012

- All of the engineering signatories have had their *licences* revoked, and the entire engineering scheme has been replaced with a new Vehicle Safety Compliance Certification Scheme (VSCCS)"

Links:

http://www.confederationofmotorclubs.org.au/pdf/conference.pdf

http://www.facebook.com/events/195705173858162/?ref=nf

Members dont see this ad

The usual alphabet soup the bureucrats speak.. "Codes of practice" "regulations" "standards" "guideline documents" RMS TNSW VSCC...

He couldn't give a shit about us modifying our cars, he wants lots of paperwork and compliance costs to make sure we do what they tell us to and to make it as expensive as possible to discourage anyone doing anything. That's the way Govt's work.

If you want to do anything not in that list above, you will have to pay a fortune to some authorised, certificated, insured, Govt approverd engineer. On the scale of "no Govt oversight" being 1 and "total ban on any changes from factory" being 10, he is pushing the bar towards 10.

..and they are making it OPTIONAL for the tester to try your brakes at 160kph. They're not admitting that is the most stupid speed test any bureaucrat ever thought up, seeing the speed limit is 100kph, but you may or may not get your car tested at that speed.

I'd say nearly all our cars are illegal...