Te72 Wagon Rear Suspension Question

jec

I got a te72 wagon with a 3in block insert. My question is, is there any way of making the rear a little less hard hitting while keeping the same drop? I thought I might try cutting the block down a little bit a filling in rubber or polyurethane blocks to keep the same drop. Anyone try that before?

Members dont see this ad
  • 1 month later...

Konis will give you a great deal of adjustability. They can make them shorter quite easily and have them so you can adjust them stiffer or softer.

The shock rates need to be matched to your spring rates, and a shock shop should be able to both measure that on a shock and also calculate your spring rate and suggest a shock to suit.

Oh- I suppose you have 17" rims with tyres so small they look like a coat of paint around the rim... the smaller the sidewall the harsher the ride. The difference between a 75series and a 40 series is tremendous. So... pick between style or comfort.

Edited by altezzaclub

Oh- I suppose you have 17" rims with tyres so small they look like a coat of paint around the rim... the smaller the sidewall the harsher the ride. The difference between a 75series and a 40 series is tremendous. So... pick between style or comfort.

I got 15" XXR 002's with 195/50 Toyo Proxes

I got 15" XXR 002's with 195/50 Toyo Proxes

Not bad then- the Toyos are a good tyre, I've used T1s for years. However the difference between 195/70s on the Pintara and the 215/45 on the Altezza is very notiiceable on NSW country roads, the Pintara floats over everything while the Altezza feels every pothole.