March 2, 201214 yr comment_587977 Hi guys, Names Jase and i have a turbo 3k ke30. It WAS running fine until i diddnt start it for a month or two, then after finally starting it again it started fine idle fine but when i drove it under load it would pop n fart and almost die as if it were starving for fuel. I have done the following replaced all fuel filters and the fuel lines in the engine bay, replaced the spark plugs with irodium plugs and new leads, Had a new carby kit put in and cleaned, got a new bosch coil and condensor, and it still pops and farts under load, My corolla has an electric fuel pump and an adjustable fuel regulator that runs a vac line off the turbo actuator and intake manifold, a front mount cooler, an oil catch can, and a few other things .. I called up a mechanic and he told me to check the accelerator pump ? he told me to leave the car not running and pump the accelerator and look down the throat for fuel squirting in..but i can not see any.. But then my old man told me not all carbys use that setup.. The other option i guess could be the secondaries are not opening up.. I havnt checked this yet as i work massive hours.. But could anyone shed any light on the situation ?? I would really appreciate any help from anyone Thanks guys Report
March 2, 201214 yr Author comment_587978 another pic.. it is going in to be painted this weekend these pics are a few months old, getting painted white. Report
March 2, 201214 yr comment_587982 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8-x_erIqGk what a 28/36 goes like with a broken accelerator pump linkage missing Report
March 2, 201214 yr Author comment_587988 the timing is fine, and when i drive the car like a grandma it drives perfect, its only when i push it at high rpm it seems like its not getting enough fuel.. and by the way evan the rolla n ur display is sick mate Report
March 2, 201214 yr comment_587989 Get rid of the Iridium plugs for a start :wink: What carb are you using? Report
March 2, 201214 yr Author comment_587991 Standard carb, was running fine for ages then this happend after lack of starting n driving Report
March 2, 201214 yr comment_587993 You should see a jet of fuel when you pump the accelerator and look down the throat of the carb. Report
March 2, 201214 yr comment_588027 Mate post a pic of your engine bay. What carb are you running? Have you boxed the carb, or run a boost reference line to the fuel bowls? Report
March 2, 201214 yr comment_588031 Pull the carb apart and clean it. I did it yesterday to my Datsun 1600 that I haven't started in ages. Cranked fine but would only briefly fire up when I poured raw petrol down the carb throat. Took the carb off, found all the jets full of a sludgy black goo. Obviously the petrol residue left as it evaporated. I used a syringe to push petrol though the drllings and the jets. Put it back and it runs beautifully. Took an hour or so. Report
March 2, 201214 yr Author comment_588039 I will upload a pic when i get home tonight, It was running fine at start of jan, and yeah standard carb and the intake pipe just screws on to the top of the carby, with a rubber seal. It has always worked fine. I Have already cleaned the carby and put a new kit through it.. When i leave the engine off and turn the throttle i can NOT see any jet of fuel squirting in.. So could it be acc pump? Report
March 2, 201214 yr Author comment_588041 If you look at top pic you can see the intake pipe coming up from the front mount and onto the top of the carby.. Report
March 3, 201214 yr comment_588047 Mate post a pic of your engine bay. What carb are you running? Have you boxed the carb, or run a boost reference line to the fuel bowls? The Aisan carbs have the 2 little vents for the fuel bowel at the inlet of the carb. Boxing the carb only stops boost loss thru leaking gaskets and linkage bushes. Sounds as if he is running the right setup, with an electric fuel pump and a RR FPR. I would deffinatly put a kit thru the carb and put some copper spark plugs in for starters Report
March 3, 201214 yr Author comment_588093 Thanks mate, but as i said earlier I HAVE PUT A KIT THROUGH THE CARBY AND CLEANED IT.. And i have tried copper plugs but its just the same with the iridium ones. Can anyone tell me IF I PUMP THE THROTTLE WHEN CAR ISNT RUNNING AND NO FUEL IS SQUIRTING IN..COULD IT BE ACCELERATOR PUMP?? Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now