Vs Ute

Kid-Ae

Time once again to begin a new thread.

Car: 1995 VS Commodore Ute S Pac

Engine: Low km motor from a VT

Trans: Recently rebuilt auto

Diff: Not 100% but THINK it is the 3:08 LSD.

Color: Red

Wheels: 18" SSA wheels with PDW centre caps (Don't even know why) and brand new rubber.

Mods: Lowered on SL springs and shortened shocks all-round, SS CAI, 2.5" exhaust.

Stereo: Pioneer DEH450 HU, Kicker 6.5" splits, Kenwood bridged four channel amp, 12" slimline Kicker subwoofer behind passengers seat, Kicker mono amp.

Misc: Needs a wheel alignment and to sit lower in the back. Also needs new seats as the current ones feel ʞ©$ɟed over any bump.

Going to be in the market for a new tonneau or if funds permit, a hardtop soon.

Reason for purchase: VT got rear ended and written off, kind of got lucky with that as I was not at fault and did well out of the insurance payout.

Excuse the Altezza tail lights, they have been since replaced with smoked standard ones.

PICS

post-5321-0-13989400-1330951029_thumb.jpg

post-5321-0-26671300-1330951076_thumb.jpg

post-5321-0-00745800-1330951117_thumb.jpg

post-5321-0-35712100-1330951154_thumb.jpg

post-5321-0-32406400-1330951188_thumb.jpg

post-5321-0-87204000-1330951238_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My luck has been absolutely shithouse. I was trying to sell my VT when the accident happened and was considering a few of the newer Corollas, but thanks to a sudden need for a car and my mate deciding to sell this, I picked it up including the roady and other mechanical work for just over $4k. If I'd had longer to save then you'd see me driving a AE112R Levin.

Ute's pretty good to drive, just need to sort out the shit fuel economy and i'll be happy.

Want to try hold onto this for as long as possible now. So going to do what I can to make it economical and safe, then probably just tidy up the interior and fix the central locking and leave it at that.

Haha not this time mate, don't need cash and need a car to get around in, so it's staying for a minimum of 2 years (so i can actually save for something nice, or maybe a deposit on a house)

Does need some cleaning up, so I'm going to be doing little things to it such as a tubliner, new rooflining, carpet the rear wall, hopefully a new pair of seats and getting the central locking fixed (guessing the BCM is dead).

Over the next year or so, other than servicing and fuel, I don;t want to inject more than a grand into it unless I see a dirt cheap hardlid.

Ecotec isn't bad for a boat anchor, and it's been rather handy lately having the tub.

If a dirt cheap, registered and roadworthy corolla came up i'd have a look, but I am genuinely sick of having a new car every two weeks...

what does "s pack" mean?

i swear everytime i see a VS for sale or on a forum its either an s pack or an ex cop car!

i am quite suprised at the ecotec engine, fiance's car is a lexcen from the same era, the v6's do sing up in the high revs, i bet they are fun to drive in manual, and in a car half a commondores weight.

S Pac is basically saying it's got an LSD(for the utes) , air con, cruise control and that's about as exciting as it gets.

Yeah the ecotec is actually not bad, would be fun in a ke30 ;)

Edited by ROLLA'BOY

Both would be pretty cool!

Looking at a set of paceys if the price is right. Bit more low end. I want to improve the power off the line rather than making it a rev monster.

Also going to replace this white instrument cluster, it's blinding and annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing funny buggers last few days. Decides to just hold 3 grand, almost as if something in the exhaust is ʞ©$ɟed.. It's not a droney noise, more like a baffle around 3g that really doesn't allow the motor to go any harder. Sure, at those rpm torque is high but I'd really like it to go a little better. Thinking the catalytic converter might be rooted.. Just an excuse to find some cheap extractors and a more free flowing cat.

Going to be getting new door pins and seals soon, as both have had the gong. Once that's organised, probably look into changing that ugly cluster (see pics above) for either a standard level two cluster or do the level three upgrade (closer to the VT style with digital ODO, Trip meter, fuel use etc).

Had the back completely chockers last weekend with timber and household items for hard rubbish. Was tucking rear tire nicely!

Going to have to throw the ultras back in and see how they go.

Changed the instrument cluster to a standard one today, so much better.

Also gave the car a really good hand wash. Going to get some new polish tomorrow and see how it goes. Fingers crossed I can shine up all the dull paint!

Going to attack the interior for cleanliness tomorrow as well. Considering ripping out the seats and vacuuming the entire cabin, then washing the rear firewall and measuring it up for carpeting.

Hopefully the car will turn out nice and neat yes.gif