84 Ke70 Build - Sr20Det

Ridemx21

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad

ke70 is now has a fresh coat of gloss white, just in the process of cutting back and getting the car back together.

will be half cut shopping after my exams finish next week. Also ordered some black molded carpet and a boot rubber which should arrive this week.

Edited by Ridemx21

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

how much did you end up getting the half cut for ? and where from ? i m looking at doing the same conversion but I'm going to use the s13 front end aswell and make it work..

cheers mate

picked up the cut for 3k. from jpc

with the s13 front everything seems to fit perfect. ive elongated the back bolts and bolted up the crossmember but I'm still going to move the engine a further 35mm forward as there is plenty of room in front and it will give more firewall/clutch master clearance and a better gear shifter position. the only problem is the mounts for the control arms sit about 30-40mm to far forward which is the reason for the castor issues. the plan at the moment is to shorten the originals and reshape them to sit in the original corolla position, but ill speak to an enigneer before going ahead. the only other issue I'm having with the s13 front is the springs don't fit as they are too big, easy fixed with coilovers

Edited by Ridemx21

picked up the cut for 3k. from jpc

with the s13 front everything seems to fit perfect. ive elongated the back bolts and bolted up the crossmember but I'm still going to move the engine a further 35mm forward as there is plenty of room in front and it will give more firewall/clutch master clearance and a better gear shifter position. the only problem is the mounts for the control arms sit about 30-40mm to far forward which is the reason for the castor issues. the plan at the moment is to shorten the originals and reshape them to sit in the original corolla position, but ill speak to an enigneer before going ahead. the only other issue I'm having with the s13 front is the springs don't fit as they are too big, easy fixed with coilovers

ah sweet so you are using the full front end aswell ? are you going to get it engineered and road registered or is it dedicated to track ?

what rear diff are you gonna use ? I'm thinking about using a r31 diff but leaving it longer not shortening it to try and get the track at the front once i ve changed the LCA's to R31 LCA's they should be about the same.

ah sweet so you are using the full front end aswell ? are you going to get it engineered and road registered or is it dedicated to track ?

what rear diff are you gonna use ? I'm thinking about using a r31 diff but leaving it longer not shortening it to try and get the track at the front once i ve changed the LCA's to R31 LCA's they should be about the same.

I'm using the front end but making changes to it (move engine forward for more room and custom control arms for less track and castor), not just bolting up and going. I'm trying to get it engineered and road registered, will need to speak to an engineer before i go much further. Planning on using a hilux diff, which ive heard come in more or less the same width as the ke70 one, so track shouldn't be an issue

Edited by Ridemx21

I'm using the front end but making changes to it (move engine forward for more room and custom control arms for less track and castor), not just bolting up and going. I'm trying to get it engineered and road registered, will need to speak to an engineer before i go much further. Planning on using a hilux diff, which ive heard come in more or less the same width as the ke70 one, so track shouldn't be an issue

yeah sweet if you get that all legal and everything i might get you to wack up a set for me maybe or put up a how to or something :) loving that i can follow this and use it when i do mine!

I'm gonna be using the rb30 gearbox aswell to bring the shift back to normal and hoping that maybe the tailshaft out of a r31 will maybe almost fit back in if not i ll just get it shortened...

• 2 weeks later...

got a few little bits and pieces done, engine was taken back out and the sr gearbox was sold to make way for an rb20 box which I'm yet to purchase. battery tray has been removed and welded onto the other side of the engine bay and started on my custom clutch setup which will basically be a modified 180sx setup, need to change the shape of the pedal and change the spring setup to make room.

got a picture of the new re positioned battery tray

IMG_6353.jpg

got my hydraulic clutch setup 90% done, just need to make another mount and bend to pedal to shape as well as make a spring setup

comparison to standard s13 setup

IMG_6349.jpg

snug fitting s13 clutch master

IMG_6350.jpg

police decided to save a few lives on our roads yesterday and pull me over for no apparent reason and sticker my van again which means now i need to waste time lifting it up and taking it over the pits, so less time to work on the rolla. on the up side i picked up these coilovers today which need some tlc but where cheap and perfect for my needs.

IMG_6354.jpg

picked up a blown up sr block cheap for some spare parts, has a hole in the block but the head is ok and has a decent clutch and flywheel, tomei sump, alt, ps pump, etc.

IMG_6357.jpg

pulled my clutch and flywheel off and realized it was pretty stuffed, as was the rear main. got a new rear main from covs for $7 and chucked it on and grabbed the lightened flywheel and clutch off the spare block and torqued it all up. the clutch isn't in the best of shape and is way excessive for a stock engine but its better than the other one i have and will do the job for now.

IMG_6359.jpg

IMG_6358.jpg

picked up this aircon box off a friends ae71 and swapped him for the blank pipe mine had.

IMG_6361.jpg

had to rip the dash out to pull out the heater box as the pipe snapped off it and will need to be welded back on and also to give me room in fitting up my pedalbox and wiring up the sr

IMG_6360.jpg

IMG_6362.jpg