I'm Back...

TOMsGPTurbo

Hey guys,

I'm back, thought I'll say hi rather then just scanning the boards post, Maxi isn't super dooper yet, though I did blow the turbo now so he has an oil leak. :devil:

But maxi the lil beast shall live on!!!! even in his current bad state I did something norty... I raced a new wrx (only mod i could see was zorst) off the lights and I did loose but maxi kept it with him from 1st, 2nd and then into 3rd he pulled away... but I think thats pretty good for a car with the wrong ecu, blown turbo, stuffed susspension, bad tyers, broken clutch cylinder... :)

Anyhow racing is bad :o but one bit of footage which has inspired me to keep going on and on... Getaway in stockholm 1 n 2 :fuzz:

OK enough rambling, this is the secret plan... which I will only share with my fellow rolla club members...

Since maxi is broken... I shall fix him like this:

Broken turbo replaced by S15 T28 with custom manifold or KKK EP82 Turbo kit

Broken clutch - replaced with heavy duty item and LSD

Bad ECU - replaced with stock EP82 unit with fuel cut defender so over 15psi can be run ... I also need some kind of fuel regulator aswell..

Broken suspension replaced by super low springs with koni shockies and new bushes. Exhaust has some holes in the muffler so I'll replace the whole thing with a 3" turbo back system.

I'm undecided what to do with the brakes... maybe just better pads and oil

RX7 front mount intercooler - its not pretty, its not big but it doesn't matter at speed! (might consider a water spray triggered inside the cabin or at certain temp)

All that should be a good starting point, and base to work from, if you have more effective idea please share it.

Members dont see this ad

welcome back tom. good to hear form you again. just a note, as far as i was aware you can't get king 'super' low springs anymore as they no longer meet australian standards or something... unless you alreaddy have them or you know some shifty characters. anyways, nice list of mods, you should be able to flog wrxs with all of that going on.

cheers.

sounds good tom. Maxi will be back better than ever :P

s15 t28 would be a damn fine choice for a turbo. You mention that you could be interested in an ep82 kit. How much are you looking at spending on the turbo upgrade?

some food for thought:

http://www.twincam.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1889

keep us updated :D

Interesting, might just have to get the lows then - thanks for that bit of info Ben.

Well Anthony has mention he can get me a HKS/Blitz upgrade for under 1500 and if its the one I'm thinking of it includes KKK or HKS TURBO, external wastegate, dump pipe, manifold, gaskets, and all pipes - direct bolt on. Anthony also mentions a pigyback comp for the standard ecu.

Thanks for that link Nick, I actually didn't see that on their site and it is now another option - but I have to supply my own turbo it seems. 140kw at the front wheels in a car that weighs under 1000kgs sounds like fun :P

Take it easy and I shall keep you guys updated

Tom

Ummm... Maxi died :P :D but its just the clutch cylinder... I had to drive it from Southport to Baranda and then back to Runcorn with no fluid in clutch cylinder. ... so basically grinding the syncro's away.. :D

Tom walks over to his car and hides in the boot.. and some dirt or something gets into his eyes... :D

Don't know Teddy, Mechanic is gonna check it out for me on Sat, I have spare 5sp sitting in my garage... but I may of damaged some syncro's I suspect.. I don't know how to double clutch so I did my best to slide it into gears which was sorta hairy... coming onto the m1 and trying to select 5th.. and it doesn't wanna go in while the car is slowing down I managed to get it into 3rd and and then gunned it and slid it into 5th.... sorta clunks between gears ...

Man I haven't driven my car in 2 days now and I'm so sad.. I'm missing my baby badly... this is why I can not sell it ... I'm in love.. or just plain crazy lol but its ok to hug'n'kiss ur car before you go to bed ... and talk to it.. and sit with it.. and polish it .. thats normal isn't it..

lol - my car has been @ the panel shop now for 2 weeks goin on 3 - yeah, i miss my lil car lol - Id do what u are doin in ur situation - i wouldnt sell it !

Lol - it was funny when i fist got the blue corolla (first ke70) - every time i would walk past - and go - hey - ive got a car - cool - is that mine? All of that? MINE !?!! - Sweet ! - Hey, ive got a car... lol

Etc :P

- Good luck with it all !! - :D