Rt142 Fuel Tank Into Ke70

the witzl

OK, i've been doing my searchwork and googles on what i can do in terms of in-tank pump setup for EFI in my KE70.

I already own a Walbro 255L/min pump, which is left over from a previous project, and is partly why I'm looking at in-tank rather than external surge tank, etc.

In my searches ive read some posts saying that an RT142 fuel tank fits into AE86/AE71.... but ive only read it on like 3 posts on these forums, and they didnt seem that convincing.

Here is one post in this thread about it - http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/35490-efi-into-ae71-help-correct-pump/

This guy says a couple of mods are needed - anyone know what mods?

has anyone ACTUALLY attemped fitting an RT142 tank, or successfully fit it?

If you didnt know, the RT142 tank is already EFI, with baffling.

It also is the same as RA65 fuel tank, and also fits into RA60 and RA40.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Members dont see this ad

I heard it worked with minor mods.

I tried it, it doesn't work, just a bit too different plus the rt142 tank is a bit too big and wide.

Rt142 filler neck is a good one to use if you want to adapt an ae86 tank into a ke70, I used one and had it bent and I cut it down to make it work, lets you keep the 80s style fuel cap and has the breather inside the filler like an ae86 tank.

yeah but there really isnt any point to getting an AE86 tank unless you manage to find a JDM version with in-tank EFI pump.

..... which is unlikely.

Thanks for confirming that it DOES NOT fit.

Saves me a lot of stuffing around at the wreckers on the weekend.

So now to look at options for installing baffles in the KE70 tank.

I put up with a non baffled tank with intank pump for ages, but got fed up with surge on lowish tank volumes.

Eventually gave in and picked up an AE86 GT tank really cheaply on yahoo. By the time it got here via container with importmonster it set me back $140 in total.

Fortunately it was in good nick and not rusted internally.