Ke55 First Project Daily Car

dominating

Members dont see this ad

The rear bar is of a KE55 as it has the rubber end caps. Good to see another corolla on the road. :cool:

By the way which end of the state are you in??? as I saw this for sale in Launnie. :y:

I'm in Hobart, but yeah i believe the chick i got it off was living in launie at one stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been able to do any work lately because my brothers had my car but today i put some rust remover on back gaurd and tomorrow or next, I'm going to bog both sides up and remaining holes left from old bumpers

Also thinking about installing a central locking kit very soon at the same time thinking about shaving door handles? bad good idea? I'm thinking it could be sick if i do it right.

other projects coming up hopefully find a new radiator to replace the old shitty one in it atm

also going to degrease engine bay and underneath the car very soon seems like there is a fair bit of oil coming out of somewhere..

Also thinking about installing a central locking kit very soon at the same time thinking about shaving door handles? bad good idea? I'm thinking it could be sick if i do it right.

I did the central locking on my old '30

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/36792-towes-turtle/page__st__60#entry479755

The front ones are pretty straight forward. The solenoids are straight below the door locks at the bottom of the doors.

The back doors aren't as straight forwards, the only problem is the rods need to be knicked in about three places.

Shave the rear door handles and swap the front ones from a different model car. Still keep the lift up handle style but something a bit later.

• 3 weeks later...

I did the central locking on my old '30

http://www.rollaclub..._60#entry479755

The front ones are pretty straight forward. The solenoids are straight below the door locks at the bottom of the doors.

The back doors aren't as straight forwards, the only problem is the rods need to be knicked in about three places.

Shave the rear door handles and swap the front ones from a different model car. Still keep the lift up handle style but something a bit later.

Awesome thanks for info on central locking hopefully get the cash to order kit soon

Also good idea for doors tthinking it might look a bit bair with all shaved, i can imagine back ones and front left would look nice :)

• 3 months later...