A few things that i've bought over the past few weeks

post-1432-1282651064_thumb.jpg

Waiting on a few more to turn up

:) maybe one day

post-1432-1282651212_thumb.jpg

2t-g in the background

But then again

post-1432-1282651586_thumb.jpg

Pulled out of my side street and in the space of about 150m i got done for 73 in a 60 zone

Stoked in one way.... felt like digging a hole under a rock in another way (still do)

Starting to wonder if i should go back to the two speed auto....

• 4 weeks later...

Well, laid myself off from work today. Back and knee problems and it was just getting worse as the weeks moved on. So now its off to the dole line on either monday or tuesday.

The AC Delco (black one) is from a Corona.

Bottom shock is Ultima for the SXA10/11 RAV 4. The only mod that i had to do was grind the inside of the locking nut that holds the shock absorber in the strut

And also added floor mounted seat belt clips. Piss easy, thinking i would have had to drill through the floor pan but instead all that was covering the nuts was the carpet and aluminum tape. Poke the drill bit through the tape and cut the carpet for the bolts and i was set...

post-1432-062684300 1284809420_thumb.jpg

post-1432-047968100 1284812002_thumb.jpg

Yeah true. I think i'll be just chasing after something part time. Apart from the crap i had to put up with i did enjoy most of it.

Came across one little problem today when i went to take the turtle for a spin around the block. The seat belt clips are different. Had the passing thought of cutting the buckle so that i could connect them, not something i'd do anyway. So i'll be chasing up the rest of the belts :( not something i was wanting to do but oh well.

I guess i'll have more time for stuffing around on the car and the back log of odds and sods around the home that i never seam to be able to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Been getting a little bored so i've been tooling around the garage doing a bit here and a bit there.

Decided to start pulling the old 3k down today.

post-1432-063488200 1286077935_thumb.jpg

And talk about carbon buildup on the pistons and check out the up/down scratches on the closest cylinder.

Never seen it before till now but the head just lifted up as i was undoing the head bolts.

The surface of the head had a nice green sheen to it as well...

Not sure what i'll be doing with the junk at the moment.

Yeah true. I think i'll be just chasing after something part time. Apart from the crap i had to put up with i did enjoy most of it.

Came across one little problem today when i went to take the turtle for a spin around the block. The seat belt clips are different. Had the passing thought of cutting the buckle so that i could connect them, not something i'd do anyway. So i'll be chasing up the rest of the belts :( not something i was wanting to do but oh well.

I guess i'll have more time for stuffing around on the car and the back log of odds and sods around the home that i never seam to be able to do.

For your seatbelts, I assume you've got the same ones in the photos I've posted. The stalks are from an RT104 Corona. I was going to change the seats, with the new seats not having the clips, same as you. My seats didn't fit, so plan changed.

It'd be probably easier to chase up a stalk in QLD. They were 10 bucks each. If not, you can have mine for that price, just gotta cover postage.

Good luck

Boo

post-9793-055375800 1286088193_thumb.jpg

post-9793-037348700 1286088258_thumb.jpg

post-9793-026251800 1286088313_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Rear solenoids are in and this was where i placed them.

post-1432-051497500 1289267626_thumb.jpg

About where the plastic cover is folded over is about where the window track is

post-1432-086940400 1289267711_thumb.jpg

About the only location where the wiring can go on the doors. Near (or under) the door seal is where the window track is

post-1432-043605300 1289267764_thumb.jpg

All in all i think the location works a real treat, a lot better then what i had thought it would have

RP7, WD40, Inox etc are great for removing glue stuff thats used for sticking the plastic covers to the door frames when, not if but when, it gets on your fingers etc.

post-1432-087516500 1289267535_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got around to putting the chair restraint in my turbo car (pic in my thread) hehe. Turns out the '55 had a bolt hole in the (metal) parcel shelf and also a hole in the PDF shelf, never had to take any nhotice of it before and I retrimmed the MDF. Guessing KE30's must have just missed out on getting these. :hmm:

Had a look at the photo and it looks in a different spot to where i put mine. Off to the centre side of the speaker hole :hmm:

Haven't really been driving the turtle for a while. Think its cause of not feeling all that good lately and the lancers been a bit easier cause of being auto which has lead me back to thinking of going back to an auto again. GM's 4L30 automatic, basically its a 4 speed trimatic with a separate bellhousing like the 3L30 (aka TH180, aka Trimatic). But at the moment the whole idea has stopped dead in the water - too much work for very little benefit. So if i do go auto it'll have to be the trimatic....

Had a friend make up a crocheted blanket for the back seat a few weeks back, had it in the car for the camping trip we went on and damn does it make the seat nice and comfy. No photos of it yet cause its been taken out so that a backing sheet can be sewed to it so that it doesn't go out of shape.

Been thinking of a visor over the windscreen and a dash cover but i"m sure of a type - one of those typical carpet type ones from the auto shop or..... maybe something like an old bath towel....

I'll get the thermo-fan fitted one of these days as well

Plus some gauges that work how they should.....

• 4 weeks later...

Blankets done.

post-1432-015165600 1294387792_thumb.jpg

See if you spot the speakers now.

post-1432-009224200 1294387867_thumb.jpg

My "custom" dash mat

post-1432-036614900 1294387925_thumb.jpg

post-1432-048081400 1294387987_thumb.jpg

The only problem i have with it is that it reflects on the windscreen :(

So i might go back to the drawing board and make up a black one.

And to finish it off, i got sick of the hole around the gear stick. So i made a boot up.

post-1432-058525400 1294388051_thumb.jpg