Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sams 83' Ke70

Featured Replies

  • Author

I'm getting rid of the shocks I take out and putting in new ones so it doesn't matter if I scratch them up. I won't have time to do anything today because of uni stuff I need to get done.

 

Any tips on getting the tie rod off the rack end? I've sprayed it with a lot of wd40 and was just going to try and turn it with a spanner on the rack end and vice grips on the tie rod. Good plan?

  • Replies 54
  • Views 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Car is now lower     Its sporting some roof racks I scored off ebay too. Be getting some rims when I've got some money too. Thinking StarSharks if I can find some. Prob 14x6.5 between +10-0 offse

Posted Images

  • Author

Yup I've popped the tie rod out of the steering arm with a puller, that way easy. But can't get the tie rod to unscrew from the rack end.

have you undone the lock nut on the end of the tie rod?

  • Author

You mean the bolt that sort of pinches the tie rod onto the rack end? Yep I've loosened that right off. Just can't get it to turn. I'll buy some new visegrips and give it another shot soon. I didn't try too hard as my crappy visegrips tend to slip and I didn't want to scratch up the tie rod too badly.

  • Author

Ah ok, that's thinking. So bolt the tie rod back in and then just turn the rack end with a spanner (14mm I think) to unscrew it?

  • Author

I'm thinking about putting springs in while I've got the struts out etc. I'll be putting superlow Lovells springs in the front. It's a risk cause they might knock it back for rwc. Should still be legal ride height tho. Got kings springs with a coil chopped off and a pair of KYB vl wagon shocks for the back. Might Just do all this before I take it back for rwc. Seems stupid to waste my time doing the front twice. We'll see.

 

Still can't get the damn tie rod off the rack end, I'll try again soon. Took the struts to a mech down the road and got him to get the shock nut off with the rattle gun, too easy :)

if only you had air tools makes doing struts a breeze! and if you use some shortened shocks to match your springs you should be rite with roadworthy

  • Author

So FINALLY got the tie rod off the rack end, geez what a mission! :)

 

Got it off with visegrips on the rack end and pipe wrench on the tie rod. Wrench scratched up the tie rod tube pretty bad. Might replace it just cause it is out. Attached a pic below for peoples reference.

 

img0277qq.jpg

 

Thanks for the tips everyone, much appreciated.

 

dpb the shocks I've got for the rear are shorter but front ones are standard length, due to the narrow crappy stock ke70 struts.

Edited by rxsammy

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

So I finally got RWC today. Booked in for rego next Monday. Can't wait to have it on the road. Good to have it out today, drives a dream.

Good to hear Sam, can't wait to check it out :thumbsup:

 

Like I said before, ke70s in your area of town are so fun to zip around in. I have a ball when I take mine out

for a drive. We'll to take them on a run somewhere!

  • Author

Car is rego'd and on the road, Hooray!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.