Help Starter Motor

pro_driver

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, here is what mine looks like. There are no nuts, the short bolts go through the bellhousing and into the thread of the starter motor.

The top one I get by putting a 14mm ring-open spanner on it, using the ring, and hook a 17mm ring spanner onto the open end of the 14mm by its 17mm ring. This gives me more leverage and I can swing it a small amount from the driver's side towards the passnger's side. ie clockwise when looking from the front of the car, anti-clockwise if looking from the back of the car. You could get a long socket bar and a 14mm socket in there I reckon.

Then we have pictures from underneath, where you will have to swing a socket on an extension. From underneath you will looking at the bolt from the back of the car, so it undoes anticlockwise.

Is yours the same? Which bolt & why won't it come out?? Head smashed? Too tight to turn? Can't grip it?

post-7544-0-53002200-1333416725_thumb.jpg

post-7544-0-00464400-1333416757_thumb.jpg

post-7544-0-82295700-1333416782_thumb.jpg

Edited by altezzaclub

It should be OK, but it depends on what city you are in... you know more than we do about how honest people are around you.

Make sure he puts a good bolt back in if your one is rounded off from the spanner slipping, and that he doesn't do it up too tight.

When I get tyres done I always make sure they use a spanner on the wheel nuts, not an air-driven hammer socket. That way I can always undo them later.

Ok guys now that my Rolla is working again an has been fixed I though just took it for spit, it felt really nice but end of the day actually spent 300 dollars.. its got reconditioned starter, fixed kill switch an there was no patrol going through the mixture all that shit is done... Thank god.. last thing want to hear is stupid mechanic add another 50 dollors..

Edited by pro_driver