Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Help Starter Motor

Featured Replies

Hi guys I'm romeo having trouble taking out one bolt at the top of the starter motor every time try to unscrew it doesn't turn so can someone help, its a ke70 wagon, how to I turn it downwards or upwards??

Edited by pro_driver

  • Replies 40
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Clockwise as you look at it from the front of the car.

 

The KEs greatest fail I'm afraid, a tilted engine woth everything crammed on the worst side and the started under it all... I remember using long socket extensions and doing one bolt from underneath. Another good way is a ring/open spanner on the bolt (with the ring!) and another ring/open with its ring on the first spanner's open end. Kaffir job, but it doubles the length & leverage if you have room to swing it. If not, can you hold the ring on and tap the open end wth a hammer under the exhaust manifold somehow?

Edited by altezzaclub

  • Author

There's no room to move, so if I look at left hand side on the car that means turn it downwards right???

Edited by pro_driver

LEFT is loosy RIGHT is tighty

remember this in your head and you will never accidently tighten a bolt

  • Author

I'll try everything if that doesn't work...

Edited by pro_driver

so if I look at left hand side on the car that means turn it downwards right???

 

Well.. standing at the front of the car and looking at the starter, you turn it downwards, or clockwise.

 

Lefty-loosy righty-tighty only works if you are looking at the nut or bolt directly, so if you were lying on the floor behind the starter leaning over the bell-housing it would be righty-loosy...

Edited by altezzaclub

  • Author

Had enough doing it but properly going to super cheap auto buy some ring opener..

Actually, you're right in getting a ratchet ring and trying that. They are a great idea, just get a 12/13mm and a 14/17mm if they have combinations, or one of each of those sizes will do most things on a car.

 

If I was 40years younger I'd buy a set, but its just not worth it these days.... I've got a 40year-old Koken socket set!

  • Author

Look like its not coming out.. that means have to take it to mechanic which would cost me 300 dollors to fixed so freaking expensive... : (

Edited by pro_driver

  • Author

Okk just when to repco just bord 14mm socket set, I wonder if that would work.. pray to god it will work...

  • Author

Ok its impossible to take the bolts out but now its working.. anyways just quick question how to changed the idle speed, my car was really quiet before but when I mess around the idle speed I can actually hear the engine running bit louder.. how do I turn the idle speed to make it right speed so that don't used too much patrol or over heat the car..

Edited by pro_driver

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.