Another Ke70 Engine Conversion (Ls1 Turbo) (Pics Inside)

vltrb-0

I do not understand using a fish tank pump when it looks like you have put some good quality equipment on your car.

I just hope this does not fail on you, if it was my car I would have bought a bosch water pump like they use on the water to air intercoolers.

post-10153-0-19368900-1347747032.jpg

Hope all went well on the 15th

All the best with your build.

both brushless DC motors, no difference in operation, i chose the fish tank pump due to the flow rates, i've set it all up and so far it works a treat. On top of that i have a few failsafes with warning lights on motor failure and also limp home mode via the ECU if the in take temps climb too high

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww ok , here I was thinking it was a $20 fish tank pump from a Chinese junk shop and it sounds like you have a few safety measures in place.

So how did you do yesterday with the tune? …. You know everyone wants to see a dyno chart or a little video

car was ok, copped a driveline vibration due to the pinion angle and halted the session, i'm making up adjustable lower control arms this week and then i'll book back in

You'd be suprised with the longevity and reliability of any "fish tank" related equipment.

tank gear is made to run 24/7/365, not just on and off in a car environment. As long as its suitable mounted for vibration and doesnt see excessive heat, the thing will run all day every day for 5+ years. I've had chinese canister filters last 7 years flowing 2000 litres per hour..... so thats 61320 hours..... even if you drove at 20km/h you'd still be able to cover over a million kilometres before you even looked at replacing the pump.

Find an "automotive" component that will do the same thing and for such an excellent price.

You'd be suprised with the longevity and reliability of any "fish tank" related equipment.

tank gear is made to run 24/7/365, not just on and off in a car environment. As long as its suitable mounted for vibration and doesnt see excessive heat, the thing will run all day every day for 5+ years. I've had chinese canister filters last 7 years flowing 2000 litres per hour..... so thats 61320 hours..... even if you drove at 20km/h you'd still be able to cover over a million kilometres before you even looked at replacing the pump.

Find an "automotive" component that will do the same thing and for such an excellent price.

i went with the same logic and if it fails it won't cause any damage

with regards to the car should be back on the dyno mid to late next week

so either power or breakages again :)

also have a gopro and DSLR i'll try get some footage with

Edited by vltrb-0

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...