Ke70 Clutch Cable Pedal Box Converted To Hydrualic

KE7T

HEY ALL ive given up searching for that impossible to find AE71 HYDRUALIC PEDAL BOX and have decided to fab one up myself by converting my ke70 cable one to hydrualic . It can't be that hard to do by the looks of this all i have to do is drill a hole on the clutch pedal for the master push rod but from what i can gather from looking at pics of the ae71 hydro unit there appears to be a bracket on it with the 2 small bolt holes and the large hole for the clutch master cylnder. THIS SEEMS HARD TO MAKE would it be ok just to mount master to firewall or what i was thinking is to cut out the area around the mastercylnder firewall from a wreck then weld it inside to give firewall a little extra strength then drill the holes for the slave but what is confusing me is it appears that the ae71 clutch pedal runs on the LHS of the steering colum.Just one more thing if some body has an original AE71 pedal box in their rolla i need to know the distance from the clutch pedal pivot bolt to the clutch master push rod bolt THANKS ALL

Members dont see this ad

First problem would be the amount of throw you get using a push sytem on the KE70 instead of a pull. I suppose you measure how far the clutch pedal moves at the height you want to use it, then calculate the diameter of the master cyl you need to move enough fluid to get the slave to work... If it can throw as far as an AE71 then you'd be right using the same cyl.

It would be terrible to do it all and find when you push it to the floor the slave doesn't move far enough to disengage the clutch.

There were two AE71s at Cowra wreckers a week ago.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/59102-5-corollas-cowra-wreckers/

Has anybody tried a converted T18 pedal box apparently there is little modding to do to make them fit and work well and they seem to be more readily avaliable compared to those GOLD ae71 hydro pedal boxes

Has anybody tried a converted T18 pedal box apparently there is little modding to do to make them fit and work well and they seem to be more readily avaliable compared to those GOLD ae71 hydro pedal boxes

Seriously. They're not that hard to find Mickey.

HEY GUYS thanks all for your replies but i shall no longer be needing that pedal box as ive just picked up an AE71 SPRINT for $350!!!!! As soon as i got it home right away i got stuck into removing that GOLD pedal box and there was this one little bolt up the top that was a REAL PITA to get to and finally when i did remove it and hold it in my hands it was a good feeling to have finally found one i simply had to buy a complete corolla to get one .This car is well beyond considering getting on the road as there is RUST RUST AND MORE RUST just about everywhere one looks so i will be parting it out soon in the vehicles wrecking section , the motor is ʞ©$ɟed but apart from the pedal box its all there CHEERS