4Agze

Hi all!

I Have been thinking about my RWD (AE71) 4agze rebuild, its basically the engine with no loom, no coils, no alternator. It is a big port to my disappointment but is from an ae92 so has oil squirter's and no TVIS. I have an sc14 in great condition and as we know the stock inlet manifold for ZE is shite, so...

1) I was wondering if I could use BT or ST ITB's? I don't know how they would match up or if it would be any more beneficial, throttle response wise, than a rwd big port manifold. obviously they would need a custom plenum, but

2) what about the runners from the TB to the head port? would they need to be re-shaped from the circular TB shape to the oval port shape?

I want the best throttle response I can get as I have a JZA70 stock inter cooler which is bigger, so anything to help cut the "lag" down would be good!

All the help I get on here is always appreciated! any other handy hints or ideas about RWD 4agze's are welcomed.

Jason

Members dont see this ad

Yeah i know that, i would use a blow off valve so i can run the TB after sc, i actually think it would be easier to do it more custom than try to incorporate an sc 14 into the stock set up, i have thought the ae86 rwd big port manifold would be the easiest way to go if going with tb after sc. I thought the itbs would give better throttle response?

• 1 month later...

I was running an sc14 with standard pulleys, fwd small port plenum, tb after the sc and 2 large bov's - throttle response was good, made just under 120kw@wheels with aftermarket ECU and drove great except it made an absolute racquet with the throttle closed and the sc clutch engaged (bov's open) which was not a problem on the track but a little embarrassing on the street. If you are going to go with this setup I would recommend running the bov back into the intake to keep it quiet.

I'd stay away from Toyota intercoolers as I don't think they flow particularly well.

Hi Vic,

Welcome to Rollaclub, that's good to hear as that's a fair good amount of power. I read this article and based my decision on this and i got the cooler for like $70 posted to me. The inter-cooler from the model before didn't flow as well because it had the inlet and outlet on the same side and was about double the size of the 4agze top mount. The JZA70 is thicker etc bargain mine was i think!

I was going to run something like this guy has on his mr2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZpYcluVOSU also has his build thread http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?61141-Daves-AW11-MR2-6-Speed-SC14

awesome idea i think!

As long as you have done your research, I'm going by the gains I found changing from ZE core to cheap ebay core.

Nice setup in the MR2, Turbonetics wastgate bit of an overkill in my opinion but look good and seems to do the trick although any decent sized BOV will do the same. I used mits evo bov, its about 35mm and cost about $80 from wreckers.

Ditch the ze inlet and go for either a modified FWD plenum or custom job if funds permit, you will notice the difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andrew here (Ryans Dad),

Yes i have mounted an sc14 on the exhaust side using a modified 1ggze sc14 bracket,you need to relocate the oil filter or space the blower away from it.(was a Bigport with rwd manifold)

unfortunately i threw the bracket away years ago & now i need another one :bash:

Hi Andrew here (Ryans Dad),

Yes i have mounted an sc14 on the exhaust side using a modified 1ggze sc14 bracket,you need to relocate the oil filter or space the blower away from it.(was a Bigport with rwd manifold)

unfortunately i threw the bracket away years ago & now i need another one :bash:

ok so thats how its done! i'll try to hunt one down on the net, any other tips will be helpful!