Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ae112 Levin

Featured Replies

hi everyone just thought i would post a few pics of my ae112 levin. i bought it with 67,000km on the clock, ive had it only a few months and at this stage is stock other than low king springs

 

also would like to hear some ideas for what to do next (wheels, sound etc)

post-15971-0-70595200-1334737590_thumb.jpgpost-15971-0-61145800-1334737658_thumb.jpg

I've always had a thing for these rollas... It's the front end that gets me and it's sexy in black. Do the brakes and suspension. Then worry about the wheels.

  • Author

I've always had a thing for these rollas... It's the front end that gets me and it's sexy in black. Do the brakes and suspension. Then worry about the wheels.

 

As in coilovers? And I agree the front is the best part

As in coilovers? And I agree the front is the best part

 

Not necessarily. Maybe some good quality short stroke strut inserts to match your springs, aftermarket swaybars. strut braces. Make it rigid. Then get some slotted rotors and performance brake pads.

  • Author

Oh right we'll I'm new to modding as this is my first car what sorta money is in the suspension side of things?

Edited by Brady127

Depends how far you want to go.

  • Author

I'll probably just start with sway bars and braces first, also not sure weather to go all out on this rolla or looking for a 112 sportivo or I also have the option of a 1991 sx hatch so I'm not sure yet

General way us FWD guys go about modifying these is suspension/coilovers>wheels/tyres>rear swaybar>engine mods. (20V blacktop from an AE111?)

 

For the brakes, the car has got good calipers and disks already, some better bads would be great :)

 

Since its your first car just keep it simple, as things can get expensive very quickly, as I have discovered... mine was supposed to be a budget car :P

 

 

Theyre a nice car man! yours is no exception :)

 

 

 

PS: 7AFE's sound awesome with a pod filter :D

Edited by Subaru_kid

  • Author

General way us FWD guys go about modifying these is suspension/coilovers>wheels/tyres>rear swaybar>engine mods. (20V blacktop from an AE111?)

 

For the brakes, the car has got good calipers and disks already, some better bads would be great :)

 

Since its your first car just keep it simple, as things can get expensive very quickly, as I have discovered... mine was supposed to be a budget car :P

 

 

Theyre a nice car man! yours is no exception :)

 

 

 

PS: 7AFE's sound awesome with a pod filter :D

 

What about a 20v silver top head?

Any 4AGE head would fit on a 7A, but it isnt a simple bolt-on process...

 

Also if you were going to drop a whole motor in a 20V Blacktop would be the only legal one because of laws not allowing older engines into new cars. 2ZZ would be a sweet upgrade but again isnt very simple to do.

Edited by Subaru_kid

  • Author

Yeah also does anyone no much about the plastic side skirt pieces? I've seen a few other levins around but not with the side skirts. Was it a optional extra?

  • Author

I was just thinking about a 20v head but probably not worth the money and effort for the gain, you would no anything about the plastic side skirts would you? I've seen a few levins around but none with the plastic side skirt I was thinking maybe it was a optional extra.

Plastic skirts are off of a sportivo. Pretty sure you can get reps off ebay

 

A 7AGE is definitely wprth the money and effort. A well built 7age should see ~150kw at the fly which is a very big gain! I'm just saying that you need to build up expirience before tackling something that big of a job ;)

A 7AGE is definitely wprth the money and effort. A well built 7age should see ~150kw at the fly which is a very big gain!

 

No way in hell a 7AGE would be making 150kw at the fly without a butt-load of money. 7AGEs combine the revs and top-end power of a 4AGE with the low-down torque of a 7AFE - you won't get much more power (if any) than the donor 4AGE, even the most powerful 4AGE is only ~120kw at the flywheel stock so trying to get another 25% out of an already fairly highly strung N/A motor is a fairly tall order. ~100kw at the wheels would be a good result from a well-built 7AGE which would be ~130kw at the fly, still an impressive number though.

This is true, thing is if i was going out of my way to build a 7AGE i would make sure I do good job of it. Aftermarket ECU, ITB's, high comp, strengthened bottom end... Yeah it wouldnt be the cheapest, but if youre going out of your way to do it, you may aswell do it right

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.