June 7, 201214 yr Author comment_608514 Hi Anthony, I've only seen another car with these covers locally and none online so I'm guessing they're pretty rare! Even I'm missing the driver's side headrest cover but I can't seem to find a replacement. If they do pop up, I'll post it here. Here are those scans I promised earlier- A KE70 with an AE86 cluster (it fits!) An AE86 digital dash in a KE72V, just like mine- Off topic, but wouldn't you love this trailer to drop off its cargo at your house?! I personally want the KE72V panel van on top! Regards. Edited June 7, 201214 yr by JAY48 Report
June 7, 201214 yr comment_608526 Those seat covers are damn cool!!! If you ever find more, I'm willing to buy a pair!! :D Report
June 7, 201214 yr comment_608537 Those seat covers have a distinct regional flavour to them, its so great seeing the diversity of Corolla's. Report
June 15, 201214 yr Author comment_610139 An update on my KE72V; I'm finally going for an engine tuneup tomorrow. The steel "plate" that the battery rests on has corroded and disintegrated partially so I've got to repair that as well. I have decided on fitting an aftermarket tachometer (something small) without changing the cluster because the E7 tacho clusters look 'dated' ;) Also I don't recall calling the KE72V panel van 'overrated' on my previous post, wonder how that happened? :scarymovie: lol Edited June 15, 201214 yr by JAY48 Report
August 22, 201214 yr comment_622677 hi jay.... before everything, glad to meet another sri lankan with immaculate DX. :yes: love to here there are rolla lovers still in SL..... :rocknroll: woow your car is in great condition...... but i would like to tell you something........please don't remove any original parts :yes: the more your car is original,will maximize the value of your car...... i will keep an eye on this thread.... keep up the good work :yes: cheers asiri Report
August 22, 201214 yr Author comment_622685 hi jay.... before everything, glad to meet another sri lankan with immaculate DX. :yes: love to here there are rolla lovers still in SL..... :rocknroll: woow your car is in great condition...... but i would like to tell you something........please don't remove any original parts :yes: the more your car is original,will maximize the value of your car...... i will keep an eye on this thread.... keep up the good work :yes: cheers asiri Hi Asiri, Thanks for the encouragement. I'm going to restore this to 'factory original' condition so I'll be trying to locate small cosmetic items that I'm missing. One is the black/white sticker on the trunk (tailgate?) that states the maximum cargo weight. Later on I'd like to swap the standard 4speed manual to a 5speed manual (K50). How about your 20? Have you got a 4speed or 5speed manual? Regards. Report
August 23, 201214 yr comment_622705 An update on my KE72V; I'm finally going for an engine tuneup tomorrow. The steel "plate" that the battery rests on has corroded and disintegrated partially so I've got to repair that as well. I have decided on fitting an aftermarket tachometer (something small) without changing the cluster because the E7 tacho clusters look 'dated' ;) I think the normal cluster looks dated as well... So I fixed it :) http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/58893-shadys-shitshifter/page__st__30#entry621823 Report
August 23, 201214 yr comment_622768 Hi Jay, Glad to meet a immaculate condition KE72 in Sri lanka.The half seat covers I hv never seen before. We also having KE74 DX wagon which is silver colour.We bought it from first owner.104000Km in odometer.fairly good in condition. With 13" alloys. In Sri lanka where's ur home town?16-3057 no? I can remember once i saw it in somewhere.Cnt remember exactly. bye. Report
August 23, 201214 yr comment_622859 Hi Asiri, Thanks for the encouragement. I'm going to restore this to 'factory original' condition so I'll be trying to locate small cosmetic items that I'm missing. One is the black/white sticker on the trunk (tailgate?) that states the maximum cargo weight. Later on I'd like to swap the standard 4speed manual to a 5speed manual (K50). How about your 20? Have you got a 4speed or 5speed manual? Regards. Hey jay,Love to here you are going to restore it to factory original. I don't know but it may be something around 450Kg cargo weight. i'm having 4spd m/t , i know it's bit difficult to cruise in a 4speed transmission. :eatlead: The best funny thing is,as i often drive our 5speed caravan, when i drive a 4speed i always try to change the gear to the over drive, and i say "oh god this is a 4 SPD you idiot" :hammer: Anyway if you are planning to convert your dx to 5speed it will be a mind bending thing. Because a differential in a 4speed car is different from a 5speed one (same car) so if you are planning to convert it to 5speed, you will have to change the differential also. anyway i wish you the best of luck in your future restoration..... :yes: love your car. cheers Report
August 23, 201214 yr Author comment_622869 Hey jay, Love to here you are going to restore it to factory original. I don't know but it may be something around 450Kg cargo weight. i'm having 4spd m/t , i know it's bit difficult to cruise in a 4speed transmission. :eatlead: The best funny thing is,as i often drive our 5speed caravan, when i drive a 4speed i always try to change the gear to the over drive, and i say "oh god this is a 4 SPD you idiot" :hammer: Anyway if you are planning to convert your dx to 5speed it will be a mind bending thing. Because a differential in a 4speed car is different from a 5speed one (same car) so if you are planning to convert it to 5speed, you will have to change the differential also. anyway i wish you the best of luck in your future restoration..... :yes: love your car. cheers Hi Asiri, Thanks for commenting. 4 Speed is boring indeed! Most members here at RC with KE70 wagons have successfully swapped the K40 (4speed) to a K50 (5speed) without difficulty. I'll look into those threads in more detail now that you mention this complication! There were some stickers on the inside of the fuel filler as well, it was covered in a thin layer of paint which I was able to erase using surgical spirit. I'll snap some photos later on. I can recreate the missing stickers like you did if I find another example on a KE72/74. Regards. Edited August 23, 201214 yr by JAY48 Report
August 23, 201214 yr Author comment_622870 I think the normal cluster looks dated as well... So I fixed it :) http://www.rollaclub..._30#entry621823 LOL at your avatar! You've done a great mod on your cluster as well, just wish I could source a tacho cluster that's similar to mine! Report
August 24, 201214 yr comment_622928 Hi Asiri, Thanks for the encouragement. I'm going to restore this to 'factory original' condition so I'll be trying to locate small cosmetic items that I'm missing. One is the black/white sticker on the trunk (tailgate?) that states the maximum cargo weight. Later on I'd like to swap the standard 4speed manual to a 5speed manual (K50). How about your 20? Have you got a 4speed or 5speed manual? Regards. Hi jay, its not black/wht.In KE 72 n 74 its blue/wht.I have the photos of all trunk stickers.il mail u. bye. Report
August 24, 201214 yr Author comment_623022 Hi jay, its not black/wht.In KE 72 n 74 its blue/wht.I have the photos of all trunk stickers.il mail u. bye. Hey, That would be EXCELLENT! I'll PM you my email addy. Regards. Report
January 1, 201313 yr Author comment_641971 Happy 2013, Rollaclub! So I thought I'd update my thread with additional (and better) photos. The original driver's side fender mirror was damaged beyond repair over the years so I managed to locate a decent example for cheap. I also found a used metal fan shroud for the 4K. Now I can get the AC running! Overall, nothing drastic was done the past year but a few cosmetic work was done. I finally removed the tailgate trim and did a decent respray as well. It's not perfect, but it will have to do for now. (ignore the 12+ year old Toshiba Satellite!) I also cleaned and polished the number plate lamp lenses so it's brighter than before now! These are aftermarket lenses for the KE72V. I'm supposed to reuse the frames of the lamps to fix these. I've already done the Right side but it's a lot of hard work with a hair dryer! Original vs aftermarket. I'll update this thread once the fan shroud and fender mirror has been fixed. Thanks for viewing! Edited January 1, 201313 yr by JAY48 Report
January 15, 201313 yr Author comment_643752 Update: I finally got the new lenses on the original frames. Here's what they look like now- I also cleaned the turn indicator lenses on the front bumper as well. Makes a huge difference! Stay tuned for more photos in better lighting conditions. Thanks for viewing. Edited January 15, 201313 yr by JAY48 Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now