Scanos Ke35 Project

springersrolla

so anyways stopped ʞ©$ɟing around from work and rollas, rollas and work. pulled my finger out and finished the 3tc build. picked my misses up from work the other day. she hates my corolla but said its a bit faster then the old 5k. got 1994afc's old 3tc with extractors 2 1/4" full exhaust and 32/36 weber. runs nice. such a beautiful quiet idle, stops without dying like my old 4k and then lets loose over 3000rpm!!. ive run the secondary circuit with 34adm jets, probs a bit rich but to suit to a turbo setup. i have to get my manifold machined which was sposed to be about 3months ago for free.... no rush from both parties from lack of motivation... buttt now its running and driving round town I'm itching to feel some boost in it. shouldnt be much dramas now just need to sort out fuel and timing issues and then hook everything up...oh and probably mod plate it, but yeah can't fricken wait. it goes much better now and i would be happy with it, if it wasnt for the fact i have everything sittnig here ready for a bit of boost.

Stay tuned. ill list what i need/do for anyone else down the track cheers

pics to come

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

wanna know also!!! nahh been ʞ©$ɟed around tryin to find a good cheap machinist in bris to do a manifold skim, picked up another weber carb last week, have been working on a few ideas on return lines and pricing pumps and fpr's. will be a little while as ive got projects at home now priority. will be putting shit up for sale soon, stay tuned on a sale/swap build

• 8 months later...

beeeeeen a long time since a update, sold the 3t. bought back the 5k, took it for a rebuild. got told it was a touch from standard, so we went 40 thou over. i have have the entire bottom end fully balanced and blueprinted only to find i couldnt achieve the compression ratio i required, I'm running a twin squish/ d dish/ 1 & 4 lug head on a 5k bottom end. unfortunately running this combination has brought a few dramas, only minor like worng piston selection and major such as not drinking enough beer to sort everything out. the beer has been flowing since the begining of the build and has probably slowed everything but this is now how it stands

• 5k bored 40thou or 81.5mm
  • balanced pistons - originally @ 20cc ===== which only delivered 9.2:1
  • balanced rods, crank, harmonic balancer, clutch
  • seriously lightened flywheel
  • twin 40mm dcoe webers with 27mm chokes(unsure of the quality of flow or fuel or capabilities of the engine)
  • fully ported and flowed 5k head flowing 139cfm @ .550 lift
  • custom cam being ground as this is being typed
  • new 5.5cc pistons being machined to 12cc to deliver 11:1 compression ratio to run troppo cam
  • toyota 3f solid lifters (new)

nothing else i can think of at the present other than that i need some 4ku/e pushrods to make it all work, bit of a pause but not too bad as I'm waiting to get the cam ground etc.. hopefully have the thing run in over xmas holidays. spoke to my cam grinder and asked how important idle was. well i said, yeahh...... so ill see what comes out of it. ive been told the head and bottom end is well and truely capable of making 140hp so its now up to the cam and webers.

standby for a few pictures and more info. and let me know bout dem 4ke rods!!!

• 1 month later...

so here i am, the fat beareded non santa that should be but not really... I'm 6'3" and 120kg with a ke35 and all i want is to do dirty mutherʞ©$ɟing burnouts and love this car. ive just had to put the neighhbours dog back in their yard and fucck.....

so my story runs.... ke35 off a mate years ago, rust and injury free apart from a

Tbone in a drivers door...... other than that and a ʞ©$ɟing mega stack of beers ive started.

origninally i built this weapon to run a 5k i bought fro a ke70.. loved it.... minimal issues, got the car running and registered for a dick weed mate who drove it round. he finally got a work car and i took it off the road to put a 3t in it.

ʞ©$ɟ!!!!!!! man what am i doing swapping gold out for pewter?>!?!?!?! that motherʞ©$ɟing 3t had more bark than alot of 4cyls and yet still I'm a ʞ©$ɟing retard to hold back......

sold the best engine i had for some garbage rebuild 5k and thats where I'm at..................

Now,........

Anyone whos half cluey with 40mmdcoe twins with my setup i need some love.

ive just built a 40thou over 5k bottom end, crank, rods and slugs balanceds,

the compression ratio I'm running is with 5k solid slugs which have been cut down to give me 11.6:1 compression ratio

I have phill duggan making me a tropppo cam to suit the head flow and compression, but now my issues is what the ʞ©$ɟ do i do with with my 40mmdcoe webers................ Blown4k off clubk says run big venturies..... now my issue is well this is the last step before cam install in my engine.................... but i want to start with the right carb setup.

anyone half cluey who can help me out would bew aw0esome because I'm about to set these carbs up to suit this engine.

the cars a bucket of shit..... alll go no show but i can't wait to have some little k motor on the streets

• 7 months later...

been along time between drinks, not for me but for this update. man that last ones a bit sketchy.... anyways dropped off the twin 40s for complete rebuild, all looked the goods and got quoted a really good price for the build, engine is half assembled but still looking for time to get the head on and sort out pushrods.

really my only hold back is carbs, got some 32mm chokes, right pushrod length and the end of assembly. ive been really slack and wanted the cool weather and e85 but ill see how quick i can get it sorted when i have carbs sitting there ready for me. rego is due in december and honestly its my deadline to have it completely sorted and hopefully painted.

time to clear out everything around it ive made to get some room for the poor old girl. looking forward to starting it and a bit of a tune and run it in. can't wait to put some k's on it and meet up for some cruises. wait for some pictures....:) cheers