Vt Saloon Car Build, Super Six Touring Car Racing

glenpos

hey everyone, I WON hahaha, car was so good with semi slicks motor went pretty good too, and also got second in the champion ship, pretty happy for my first year of racing, 4 3rds 1 1st and 2nd in championship :D also out of 96 cars there i was 29th fastest, and thats all kinds of things, open wheelers and 6ltr awd datsuns with huge slicks etc :D

Edited by glenpos

Members dont see this ad

it was good, the car was awesome, knocked the exhaust off in the last race when i went over the ripple strip, it had been hitting the ground all day haha, ended up getting a 1.44.6, and i think i can get it down to a 1.43, and i won :D cheers

Edited by glenpos

hey everyone, I WON hahaha, car was so good with semi slicks motor went pretty good too, and also got second in the champion ship, pretty happy for my first year of racing, 4 3rds 1 1st and 2nd in championship :D also out of 96 cars there i was 29th fastest, and thats all kinds of things, open wheelers and 6ltr awd datsuns with huge slicks etc :D also neal bates came up to me and said i was a good driver haha :y:

that's awesome man!!

thanks guys, not sure if i'll be doing saloon cars at first round next year, doubt i'll have the cash to get the rest of it going, so will probs race at the first and possibly the second sprint rounds :) so might get a few more wins there haha

here is one outside vid of me starting race 5, the car next to me is a tx3 turbo laser with semi slicks etc, he was in my class and he came 3rd, my exhaust fell out of the extractors 3/4 the way around the track, the were hitting the ground all day then when i went on the ripple strip it fell out haha,

i'm starting to upload vids now haha

ok got race 1 vid up, in this race i got a 1.44.6 and a 1.48.6 out lap, i had my tyre pressures way to high but as the tyres were cold when i started this race, but the times got slower to the end, i just had to play around with them a bit as iv'e never had semi slicks haha

then race 2 i didn't change pressures and it was very slow and handled pretty crap, i got a 1.45.4 and a 1.50.1 out lap, then when i came in the tyre pressures were a fair bit higher than in the first race as they didn't get time to cool down,

then i let then down a little bit, then went back out and it was a touch better but still a bit crap, also couldn't pick up the throttle early in a few of the corners to make it slide a touch, it just under steered, i got a 1.45.2 and a 1.48.6 out lap,

so race 4 i let the tyres down more and put small spring spacers in the back, it was much better i got a 1.44.7 and a 1.50.9 out lap,

then race 5 the car felt better on the first lap till the exhaust fell off haha.

also in race 3 and 4 i followed molly taylor who has raced around the world in rallying, she was sharing a toyota 86 with neal bates, it had semi slicks and full suspension and bigger brakes etc, i was keeping up with it pretty good through the corners but down the straits it pulled a fair bit out, and neal bates came up to my dad and said it was handling pretty good, then later he came in my garage and said i was going good etc :D it was pretty cool haha

anyway here is race 1

enjoy :y:

Edited by glenpos

well when i was at winton a photographer came up to me and said for $20 she would take some pics then send them to me, they showed up today and there is 125 haha, i'll stick a few up, you can zoom in on the ones bouncing over the curbs at the sweeper and you can see the tyre looks like its about to pop off the bead haha,

also here is the 1 lap i got of race 5,

here is one next to the neal bates 86 with molly taylor driving

post-15067-0-23390400-1354597979_thumb.jpg

most of them are too big so i'll just stick a few up later