Ke70 Suspension, Brakes, Braces, Seats, Everything Questions

I'm into drift and I don't have stretch neither does any D1GP or FD cars.

Its more of the whole "stance, hellaflush and etc".

Any serious car doesn't have it.

Also I understand why you don't want to touch your guards.

Your paint is soo good (M I N T)

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo

Members dont see this ad

I asked a couple of guys at tyre shops. One guy said that he used to do up drift cars and they have a couple of uses:

A. There's practically no flex in the sidewalls so they break traction around corners easier,

B. They shred up tyres quicker so you score more points,

C. Lessens the chance of a tyre popping off the rim (very rare instance anyway) due to the immense pressure on the beads.

But nowadays people just go for that ridiculous stretch & poke, not knowing their origins. Like hangrings.

But nowadays people just go for that ridiculous stretch & poke, not knowing their origins. Like hangrings.

People don't know the origins of cars at all it seems, functionality has devolved into hellaflush poked out JDM hardparking circlejerks.

Uuuuh *face palm* you don't actually get points for smoke.

Although that is one of the major issues with the aussie scene.

Is everyone thinks its all about smoke.

People don't know the origins of cars at all it seems, functionality has devolved into hellaflush poked out JDM hardparking circlejerks.

Yeah the whole hardparking type scene is really quite annoying.

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo

Uuuuh *face palm* you don't actually get points for smoke.

Although that is one of the major issues with the aussie scene.

Is everyone thinks its all about smoke.

The professional competition drifters do. Angle, speed, line, and show.

From Wiki:

"Drifting competitions are judged based on line, angle, speed and show factor. Line involves taking the correct line, which is usually announced beforehand by judges. The show factor is based on multiple things, such as the amount of smoke, how close the car is to the wall or designated clipping point, and the crowd's reaction.[4] Angle is the angle of a car and more importantly the turned wheels in a drift, speed is the speed entering a turn, the speed through a turn, and the speed exiting the turn; faster is better."

There's also mention in the tyre section:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drifting_%28motorsport%29#Tires

Edited by Senseless Sensation

How did AE86's do so well/win championships in D1GP they make very little smoke/no smoke.

And what about when it rains? etc. Everyone just sucks then.

It also says comp cars maximise grip. Thus no stretch.

Also one of the references is "Ford Typhoon Drifting Car" lol

But yeah off topic haha

Yeah we did kinda stray juuust a little bit off topic haha. I'm not saying it's a super drift star thing; it's just something else some people might find works for them.

The coilovers are expected within the next fortnight or so :D

• 2 weeks later...

The coils arrived the other day, and I put the rear ones in on Friday. It handles great in the arse now, albeit a bit understeery. Feels weird and incomplete, but an upgrade's an upgrade.

I also put Mustang 'style' bonnet pins in it yesterday and jeeeesus. I thought it got looks before, but once I dropped the arse an inch and fitted the pins, even bitches were starin' :D

The coils arrived the other day, and I put the rear ones in on Friday. It handles great in the arse now, albeit a bit understeery. Feels weird and incomplete, but an upgrade's an upgrade.

I also put Mustang 'style' bonnet pins in it yesterday and jeeeesus. I thought it got looks before, but once I dropped the arse an inch and fitted the pins, even bitches were starin' :D

:lol: Nice one! ahaha

• 3 weeks later...

BUMPIDDY BUMP!

I have another question!

I'm looking at getting vented & slotted discs for my front end AE86 strut conversion but I'm unsure if they'll fit onto the single piston solid disc calipers. I'm also eyeing up an FC brake setup too but don't know anything about them other than that they're apparently bigger, and have 4 pistons as opposed to the (supposed) 2 pistons of '86 calipers.

What are the specs on the RX7 calipers/rotors, and should I go for that or just get bigger, vented discs for the AE86's? Also, what do slotted/vented rotors and more pistons do specifically anyway? I get the basic concept buuuut....

All I know about the RX7 FC option is its really expensive. How many FC's do you see driving around......

I know a bit about 1 vs 2 piston's etc.

The most obvious part is the increased piston area. More piston area means more torque which means more braking POWER.

This also means that larger pads can be fitted which means which absorb more thermal heat shock. Brake pad wear should be better because of the more even pressure. Pads also absorb noise so less braking noise.

Don't know that much on rotors but slotted disperse heat, gas, water and etc better.

Also I have been told that between drilled and slotted rotors. That slotted is better in every way.

A main question you have to ask is what is the car going to be doing? And how far do you want to take it/spend on it?

Ei a ~300hp 1uz KE70 is going to need a a lot more than a ~150hp smallport one. food for thought I guess

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo

I'm into drift and I don't have stretch neither does any D1GP or FD cars.

Its more of the whole "stance, hellaflush and etc".

Any serious car doesn't have it.

Most serious cars have 15" to 18" wheels or whatever. And with decent tyre sizes available for them...

The best/cheapest tyre size I can find in 14" is a 185/55 which fitted to a 14x7.5 or 14x8 shouldn't be that stretched...

I ʞ©$ɟing hate "stance", "hellaflush" and "fitment" etc but I like my 14"s and I like my car low.

All I know about the RX7 FC option is its really expensive. How many FC's do you see driving around......

I know a bit about 1 vs 2 piston's etc.

The most obvious part is the increased piston area. More piston area means more torque which means more braking POWER.

This also means that larger pads can be fitted which means which absorb more thermal heat shock. Brake pad wear should be better because of the more even pressure. Pads also absorb noise so less braking noise.

Don't know that much on rotors but slotted disperse heat, gas, water and etc better.

Also I have been told that between drilled and slotted rotors. That slotted is better in every way.

A main question you have to ask is what is the car going to be doing? And how far do you want to take it/spend on it?

Ei a ~300hp 1uz KE70 is going to need a a lot more than a ~150hp smallport one. food for thought I guess

Ah ok. Yeah, that's pretty much inline with what I've been told. But how does twin piston let you fit bigger pads? I thought that would be dictated by the actual size of the caliper itself.

I heard that vented discs disperse heat, water, gas, poo quite well due to centrifugal force from the inside of the discs out. There's a set on Ebay that are vented & slotted that I'm pervin' on but I'm getting mixed messages on whether or not my calipers'll fit.

I still don't know for sure what it is exactly that I'm gonna use it for, so for now it'll stay an all-rounder. Ride comfort is a very low priority for me as I'm quite tolerant of roughness as long as it's a sideaffect of performance increase. It's likely going to be aimed at fast lap times because tyres have a very short life span in drifting and I don't wanna keep forking out money for them. Having said that, I do want to have a set of smaller diameter wheels and a useful setup for such applications so I can go out to the track and have a bit of fun sliding around and getting a good feel for the way these things throw themselves around (handy if I ever lose traction and want to maintain control when things get too dicey).

You do realise the law allows for a 2 inch increase in rim size from the largest factory rim offered ?

This means 15 inch maximum diameter on a ke70 , and an overall increase of 10 mm in rolling diameter . Stay away from crossdrilled rotors unless they are brembo alcon or the like as the have a tendency to crack through the holes and can literally " explode".

Ae86 calipers standard are all one spot not twin spot.

Fc upgrade is larger caliper thus doesnt fit behind a lot of 15 inch wheels .same goes for willwoods.littleredspirit's car has willwoods and he runs the southernways because they were the only wheels i had at the time that cleared his calipers .