Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

18Rgu + Msd Ignition Questions

Featured Replies

Okay so i finally got my 18rgu today and throughout the whole day my dad has been complaining about how much i got it for.

i bought it off a friend of dads, he was originaly asking for $1000 but dad hassled him down to $800. i was originaly thinking i was payin $1000 just for the engine plus the twin dellortos on it plus the extractors but when i went to pick it up the guy was like "what you see is what you get" and sitting with the engine was a radiator to suit the engine, an electronic fuel pump, and altinator, this fuel preasure regulator thing, and a msd motorcycle idnition thing. now my question is, was all of this worth $800 or not? and also, what does this msd ignition thing do? how much is it worth on its own. oh and i forgot to mention i also got a starter motor with it too

THANKS! :hmm: :y: post-12819-0-53924600-1342332716_thumb.jpg

post-12819-0-50616600-1342332760_thumb.jpg

post-12819-0-36458200-1342332796_thumb.jpg

post-12819-0-84787300-1342332830_thumb.jpg

post-12819-0-18984100-1342332869_thumb.jpg

post-12819-0-63370000-1342332918_thumb.jpg

Edited by neesh

The msd is an electronic ignition system. I haven't had much to do with them I'm sure there would be someone on here that could explain how exactly they work. In my honest opinion mate I think you did fairly well. I know the twin sidies can go for upwards of $400-$500 new without mounting gear, correct me if I'm wrong?

  • 2 weeks later...

How good a price you got comes down to the condition of the motor, and what parts are inside.

If its in good nick, good compression readings and timing chain guides in good nick, then its a fair price.

If it has the early 9.7:1 pistons or aftermarket, then you got a good price.

 

No way to tell without opening it up tho.

Given the ridiculous amount I paid for mine that was "rebuilt", which I then had to completely rebuild, I reckon you got a good deal.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.