Help Possible Filter Foam Through Weber And Head?

Stixy

Hey all,

So i get out to go home from work this morning and start my 4k up, usual cold morning crap.

I pull into the servo to get some fuel and it will just not idle..... it shuttered as i was entering the servo and just died, started not too bad, pulled up at the bowser and it stalled again, not shutter just flat line.

Popped bonnet and this (see pic)

now I'm not sure if it has made the head yet? i pulled a coupla spark plugs to try have a look with no luck.

there is no black streaks through the inlet mani but is a heap of black soot like shit in the first throte of the weber.

runs but wont idle......

Help, has this happen to nyone else?

post-5655-0-50549500-1344408490_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

swap 2 and 3 spark plugs and turn over the engine with no filter on. the backfiring should clean it out the carb.

if thats doesnt fix it rev the living ʇ~~ɔhole out of it with no filter on it

Edited by Evan G

lol- Evan is not serious! Swap the plugs sure, but if that doesn't work just pull the idle jets out of the carb and check them.

If the rubbish made it into a cylinder and stuck under a valve it would be quite 3 cylindered at low revs, so it sounds like a bit of shit blocking the idle circuit itself.

That filter looks like its been backfiring up the carb a lot!

swap 2 and 3 spark plugs and turn over the engine with no filter on. the backfiring should clean it out the carb.

if thats doesnt fix it rev the living ʇ~~ɔhole out of it with no filter on it

hahahaha awesome, yeah i gave it a bit of a hiding on the way home in a hope to blow i through but ni real luck.

lol- Evan is not serious! Swap the plugs sure, but if that doesn't work just pull the idle jets out of the carb and check them.

If the rubbish made it into a cylinder and stuck under a valve it would be quite 3 cylindered at low revs, so it sounds like a bit of shit blocking the idle circuit itself.

That filter looks like its been backfiring up the carb a lot!

I have been meaning too give it a good service since i got it, so i guess now is just a real good excuse to get into it.

One of the kind fitters at my work cleaned the S#@T out of my weber last night, showed me a thing or 2 aswell.

while i was trying to sort the issue out i found a few "loose" end so to speak,

1. no gasket between the sandwich plate and mani

2. no gasket between the weber and the sandwich plate

3. missing a nut on the manifold stud

4. missing a few exhaust mani bolts

a few other things that i can't think of atm

so yeah i have a massive service to sort out i think.

thanks for the help guys *thumbs up*

Ok Head is cactus.....

i think i have a heap of rubbish caught in some valves and they don't want to open/close, can't get engine to idle, only just runs.....

owell looks like that conversion is just going to have to happen a lot soon the expected......

id be very suprised if a bit of foam is the cause of valves not shutting properly though. That stuff would burn up VERY quickly once it got anywhere near combustion..

Have you done a compression test on it?

have you fixed up all those gasket problems? id be pulling the carby to bits and cleaning every single bit very well, blowing air down each of hte little tubes etc.

if it wont idle theres a good chance the idle jet if full of crap, if it stopped idling when this drama all begun.

just my thoughts anyaway..

• Upvote 1

Have you done a compression test on it?

Yep! Don't do anything until you have done that! Even if you have to buy a compression gauge, it will last you all your life!

Then check the low cylinder's tappet gap. It would be painful to pull the head off and find you didn't need to because a tappet jammed the valve open...