Newby Question

Jed

Have a little fuelling problem with my 86 AE82 Corolla Hatch

Needs a bit of help to get started by pouring some fuel down the carb. Run's fine until this fuel is spent. Have taken off fuel lines while cranking over but doesn't seem to be pumping fuel.

Question is. Where is the fuel pump on these? in the tank?

Cheers, Jed

Edited by Jed

Members dont see this ad

Cheers guys. Picked one up yesterday. Cost me more than the car. I should get it going on the weekend.

I have another question. Will struts and springs from an AE86 fit an AE82? Sorry - new to the whole Corolla thingy.

Edited by Jed

No, ae86 and ae82 are completely different chassis. You have more hope with fitting suspension from an ae82 twincam, and then an ae92. I believe the front struts of the twincam are the same as the front struts of the base ae92. The front hubs/uprights though are different between the twincam and the base ae82.

if you do go down that path, SX suspension is then an option (complete with possible koni/coil over kits).

Thanks. Wasn't really looking at going nuts with the suspension. Was only going to drop it down low so as it wasn't still Grandpa spec. So i was just looking at lowered spring options. This car won't have a lot of money spent on it as it's only a second car / run-about. The whole car only cost me 2 cartons of beer.

Cheers