Sigma Lca's - Alternative Rack Ends?

yaggart

G'day,

Sorry if this posted in wrong section. Have read every single post/thread relating to camber on KE70 and am wondering why I haven't read of anyone doing the following. Seems simpler, cheaper and easier. They only seem to do it with a S13 strutt/suspension upgrade. Perhaps there is some danger/risk I haven't thought through if doing the same with stock KE70 suspension/steering? Any advice would be welcome.

Firstly, it's a bush rally car - stock KE70 sedan - other than worked 4k and locked diff. So stock struts and suspension. I'm going with GH Sigma LCA's. Excessive camber yes, but I don't have to care about legality on the road, just safety in the bush. So: BJ122 ball joints. Nolathane 45278 bushes. Weld plate on LCA and redrill castor and sway bar mount holes. Grind LCA bush to fit KE70 cross member. Machine steering knuckle to fit sigma ball joint. That's it from what I can tell except for lenthening the steering assembly.

So obviously the ra40 tie rod to ke70 rack end upgrade is proven, but I can't source the RA40 or RA60 tubes in Darwin to finish the job. So why can't I just got AW11 rack ends and cut them down? I need to gain about 40 mill on steering assembly to use the Sigma LCA's and AW11 are 120mm longer than stock I think? And from what I can see they would bolt straight to KE70 rack and KE70 tie rod??? And they are cheap - and on the shelf

yeah?

Members dont see this ad

Cheers mate. I think there are a fair few tubes you can use...ra40/ra60 for sure. Didnt know the e30/55 used them as well ...didnt think they were long enough for sigma LCA's - but even so:

1/ that means buying ra60 rack ends, ra40 tie rods and then finding/buying the tubes. Arent alot of old ke's left up here (those that are are closely guarded by the drifters and jnr speedway mobs for parts)

2/ if someone knows if just the AW11 rack ends (cut down) will do the job it should be heaps cheaperer.

oh - if ke70 balljoints press into GH sigma arms - that's absolutely what I'll do.

is anyone actually running ke70 balljoints in GH LCA's into KE70 steering arms?

all the info I've read talks about sigma balljoints and needing to machine the ke70 steering arm if you want them to fit right...thought that's cause it was the only option

for anyone interested managed to answer this myself today - aw11 rack ends right length but wrong thread

and no the ke70 balljoints wont press into gh sigma LCA - the ball joint is 2 mill larger than the bj122 sigma joint in the arm

bugger...back to sourcing those damn steering tubes, let me know if anyone got some for sale

cheers