Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St142 Vs Ae71 Trailing Arm Mounts

Featured Replies

Hello guys.

 

I have a quick question, due to my location we don't have a hell of a lot of parts cars to chose from, but the stuff we do have is usually free,

 

Now I have access to many st and rt142 coronas, some with a disk rear end and some without.

 

I'm wanting to run the disks to kind of match my 4 pot hilux calipers,

 

Autho simply bolting disks onto the standard borgy is hardly worth it,

 

 

That's where I want to use the corona gear, every thing is slightly bigger and a track increase that I'm happy with, plus I have access to a heap of cars for spare axles and centers,

 

That comes to the question, how far off are the mounts? I know that you can get an RA40 rear end to fit but it puts pressure on bushes ect,

 

I am hand enough to make my own swaybar and panhard mounts if needed,

 

 

Eventually I will go with a hilux rear end, for now this works as a free upgrade, with more spares than I will possibly need.

 

 

Any help would be much appreciated

 

Casey

Uh, isn't rt142 IRS? St141 is live axle

  • Author

Afaik the avante model rt142 are IRS, everything else is live axle, some with disks some without,

 

I'm talking about a csx? St141 or st142 whichever it is with the disk brake borg warner

I would just do the hilux diff straight up, you can get supra rear brakes to bolt on.

  • Author

Either way I go I still need to work out if the trailing arm mounts are the same as I would build a jig and use corona mounts on the hilux diff so I have my. Corolla one to accurately measure off, and a hilux diff seems a little silly with a 4ac just yet

 

Might have to bite the bullet and have a go at throwing it in

So do the borg warner discs in st14x Corona's bolt onto a KE70 borg warner?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.