Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 (1984)

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I want to clean up and paint the steel rims on my Rolla.

 

I need to do it on a shoestring.

 

So I am going to remove the rust and old paint using a cup brush on a grinder.

 

I just need to know how to prepare the rim to get the paint to stick. I will use spray cans,

 

After I use the wire brush Do I need to scuff up the steel? Maybe with those scour pads?

 

What is a good automotive primer in a spray can will do the job?

 

And what type of top coat is best?

 

 

Cheers

 

Ted

::sigh..:: I suppose I should do mine too, now that you remind me. Little trim factors like that make a car look extra neat and tidy.

Yeah I might do the ones on the T18 if I end up keeping it.

Sand them as well. You can't get into all the grooves with a wirebrush, and the wirebrush with leave scratches if you don't sand it.

 

We sprayed a friends on his ke30 with 'Squirts' was like $9 a can at mitre 10. Nearly 2 years ago and still looks good and chip free

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.