Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

K50 Speedo Drive Help

Featured Replies

Can anyone help me with a k50 speedo gear drive. I'm a little lost as to which gear I need to suit my gear box. Can anyone tell me if the worm gear on the output shaft has a identifying number or colour on it? I have rang everywhere but to no avail . lp me with a k50 speedo gear drive. I'm a little lost as to which gear I need to suit my gear box. Can anyone tell me if the worm gear on the output shaft has a identifying number or colour on it? I have rang everywhere but to no avail

  • Author

Ok I pulled out the speedo gear it has 5 x 19 stamped on it . This is not the correct gear . do I need 5x22 ?

What K50 do you have, KE55 or KE70? There might be a difference in speedo drives. I thought last time I checked the KE55 K50 I have, the drive gear was 6x20 or 6x22, though not 100% sure. Got a 4:1 ratio diff, stock tyres, and checked the speed with a gps and it's pretty accurate up to 100Km/hr. You will have to get the right speedo drive 5x or 6x, otherwise the teeth on the plastic gear will get chewed off. Was the 5x19 speedo drive gear the original one from your gearbox? What's the condition of the teeth?

 

You could get drive gears from other gearboxes K40/T50 at the wreckers etc. You can still get them new at a Toyota parts store. Though they don't want to look up 1970s cars on their catalog so you have to supply them a part number. http://www.toyodiy.com/

  • Author

I have a ke55 box , so I will need 6x20 or 6x22

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.