Trev

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those things look almost like the cheap and nasty wire splice things. The type that goes over the length of wire and a second wire is poked in beside the length of wire and a pair of pliers is used to clamp the slice down on the wires.

Good to see your giving the truck some loving. Fingers crossed it'll be up and running for a camping trip, you'll be receiving an email about it ;)

Those things look almost like the cheap and nasty wire splice things. The type that goes over the length of wire and a second wire is poked in beside the length of wire and a pair of pliers is used to clamp the slice down on the wires.

Good to see your giving the truck some loving. Fingers crossed it'll be up and running for a camping trip, you'll be receiving an email about it ;)

Scotch locks are the devil.

I got motivated today and gave the starter a good clean out to put it all back together and have it working so I think I will put it in and see if I can start it / do a compression test. If the engine is all good then I will refurb this one and stick it back in as it really is quitegood under all the shit, if I need to rebuild the engine then I have to pull it out anyway.

Another thing I did was put the head unit from the ute in it (pioneer DEH-P6050UB) as I am taking the amps etc out of it, the pioneer components I got for the mrs 82 are also going to go in the front of it.

I know some might think that it a bit stupid since it isn't going as yet but the more comfortable I make this thing now, the more motivated I will be to fix it.

Spoke to my cousin today that was actually in the car when it got stuck in the mud, she said it was hit a bit too fast and the engine spluttered to a halt. They ended up getting the car started and out of the mud but it was rattling bad, so bad that it had beyond no power on the drive home.

Oh dear,I think I will just pull the heads off and check the piston height.