Trev's Whyd21 87 Vg30I Terrano

Trev

I have been trying to get an older Toyota surf auto as an offroader / family weekender / daily driver and I found one at my Dad's which was a bit worse for wear so I ended up settling for a Pathfinder he has there.

87 2 door Terrano.

VG30i and auto.

186899 thousand ks.

Rust hole above the 4x4 badge on the passenger side and a small hole in the hatch seal.

Power windows, headlight washers etc.

Now for the fun part, the engine sucked in water, it isn't hydro'd but you can hear it is low on compression, I will get the compression gauge onto it and see how it is before pulling it out and stripping it down.

Fortunately I do have a Z32 (300zx) VG30DE but has a TT conversion (higher C/R) so if the vg30i is too far gone then I am going to be looking at doing the VG30DETT conversion which should make it a ball tearer on and off road.

Will throw pics up when I get it here.

Edited by Trev

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its what i'm planning on when we can "upgrade" to a 4wd vehicle.

Is the torque convertor electronically controlled like in the GU patrol ? You should be able to mod in a switch to lock up the convertor so it doesn't runaway on downhills etc if its electric.

make sure you do a headlight wiring upgrade on it and put some 90/130 bulbs in at the same time (i did it to my old terrano and it made an amazing difference) and make sure you sign up to this website http://www.nissanpat...ders.net/forum/ it is a wealth of knowledge for pathfinders

here is my old terrano thread http://www.nissanpat...-trevs-terrano/

oh and where are the pics???

Edited by flyinwall

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...