Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Auto To Manual Conversion

Featured Replies

I know its been asked so pls be tolerant and read the question first.

I have a 4k and auto that I am changing to manual,question 1,when I was dismantleing the 4k manual donor I dropped the clutch and pressure plate,now I can't remember,with the clutch plate does the splined nose point toward the flywheel or toward the pressure plate? Question 2,I know I have to fit the bush from the end of the manual crank (think its called the pivot bush?) into the end of the auto crank to locate the gearbox shaft,how do you get it out or do I just buy a new one front parts supply and tap it in when I fit the manual flywheel?Thanks for reading,Pete

Not speaking from experience with these exact clutches but usually the splined nose points away from flywheel because if the other way around it can contact the flywheel.

And if that is the spigot bearing .. thats the one that sits in the middle of the flywheel. Just replace it but if you want to get it out, bang it with a hammer and a socket and take it with you to a bearing shop and they should easily be able to get one for ya. It is usually best to replace it anyway for the sake of a cheap bearing it will save you the possibility of having bearing noises from there later

  • Author

Thanks for that,so nose towards gearbox and replace bearing,got it!

  • Author

So got the old spigot bearing out easy peasy,just filled the hole behind it with grease and then drove in a tight fitting drill bilt backwards with a hammer and the pressure popped it straight out, just had to re pack the grease a couple of times as it moved itsway out. A nice trick to keep in mind,now I can take it as a sample but it has 6001 printed on it so that is probably enough to get the right one.

yep- about $7... But, it shouldn't have had one in there as the autos don't use a spigot bearing!

  • Author

Maybe I confused people,the bearing came out of the manual donor engine and I am putting the box from that behind what used to be an auto so although I could have just gone out and bought what I needed and fitted it to the auto crank end I wanted to be sure I had the right part so wanted the original as a sample. I had read in various places some saying it was a 6001 and others saying that if you went and got it from repco they gave you the wrong one so I wanted to be sure.

ah rito so your using the flywheel from the donor car which originally had the manual anyway. I see. All good. :2thumbs:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.