Ce100 Leaking Drum

demps

Hey guys, I'm looking at buying what I think is a ce100, its a 1995 Japanese import, LX Limited and the fellas asking $200 for it, only catch is that it leaks all its brake fluid out the right rear drum. I figure the drum is possibly gonna need rebuilding or replacing, and probably the cylinder as well.

What I'm wondering is how easy it is to source these parts and whether they're standard across the model range? As in will there be a difference between the Jap Diesel brake setup and an Australian petrol setup?

Any help would be much appreciated fellas.

Members dont see this ad

I would be inclined to think they would all be the same as the australian models, you will need a new wheel cylinder, brake shoes and maybe a new drum if you want to replace that as well at the time, the shoes will be covered in brake fluid which is the reason for replacing them.

You need to be careful with brakes though, since the Australian models were actually made here they thus sourced components from Australian suppliers, thus the discs and drums of an ADM model might be slightly different to that of a JDM one (like how Australian-made KE55/70s had a Girlock front brake caliper whereas the JDM ones had a Sumitomo? one)

Thanks for the replys guys, the fella selling it reckons he had it looked at by a local guy who said he couldn't source parts. Worst case scenario you reckon I could do a swap to an Australian setup without too much trouble? Can you give me a bit of an idea what's involved in something like that?

one thing you can do.

jump over to:

http://www.toyodiy.com

find the parts for the ce100, then find the parts for an aus delivered one (AE101 is about that era?)

see if they match.

here is i think close to what you are on about?

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_1995_TOYOTA_COROLLA_CE100-AEMBS_4706.html

Go to a toyota dealer they will be able to tell you for sure if aus delivered stuff will fit, otherwise as said get the wheel cylinder repaired and you could just remove the brake shoes and give them a very good clean with brake cleaner... Not the safest option but will get you driving again.

And wouldn't be hard to fit Australian stuff, should just be a case of unbolt old stuff and put new on.