The Whole Deal

DanPhantom94

Members dont see this ad

Looks like the 5K will be the go ... all i need to do now is find a place to work on it since i have been told not to do it at home -.-

You're a P plater right? Engine conversions are out of the question. Well, driving them legally is. As 5Ks were not in ke55's as an optional engine (pg. 16 of the pdf, down the bottom of the page, section 1.3.1.2 Type B) here in australia, you'll need a modplate.

Technically, if your car has "a modification to the engine of a type that must be approved under the Transport Operations (Road Use Management—Vehicle Standards and Safety) Regulation 2010, section 13" which is an engine conversion (Read Section LA), you are driving a high powered vehicle. Yes, that's right folks, even a 5K swap is considered high powered. Then again, I'm sure there are bigger fish to fry than someone who swaps a K motor for another K motor.

My 2c is to do more research (You can never do enough of this :P) and ask yourself some important questions.

• Why do I want another engine in my car?
  • What is my mechanical ability?
  • Do I have a place to carry out said work?
  • What is my budget?

I don't think a ke55 is going to go fast unless you are prepared to drop a fair amount of coin into it, whether that is worth or not is up to the individual.

Regardless, if you're thinking of going down the K motor route, these are worth a read:

Whatever you decide to do, make sure you create a build thread and keep us all posted with your progess! :thumbsup:

Edited by LongJohnSilver