Ke70 Wagon

Stenzel

So I bought this

20121230091422.jpg

20121230092750.jpg

And This

20121229160443.jpg

Then yesterday and today did this don't have any actual build pics)

20121231091523.jpg

(Having trouble uploading video ATM heres the link, someone might be able to put it up properly for me?

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/40/ck8gmzhpmwggoytgrsenvl.mp4/)

So basically,

engine conversion

pedal box swap

rewired whole loom from 4age

swapped the whole front crossmember,c/arms,coilover blah blah in one go.

Will update tomorrow with proper pics of it after I tidy the enginebay up and wash it etc etc. Go into more detail about why I did this and the plans etc.

Dave

Edited by Stenzel

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes,

As well as the front engine suspension (coilovers) and we went through the whole engine wiring to make sure nothing was suss (since the red one had some dodgey body and suspension work)

The only time consuming thing (if you can call it that) is removing the dashes to swap over the pedal boxes for the hydraulic clutch, so I reckon hobby mechanics would be able to do it fairly easy if you have all the right parts, and saves you buying a fcked 4age conversion like most seem to be.

Dave

Edited by Stenzel

I will update tonight with decent photos and what not,

but yes I will most likely part some of the red car out, slant front,s13 seats etc etc. I will post when I've sorted what there is hat I don't need.

Dave

20130101093950.jpg

Edited by Stenzel

Haha, maybe those couple of dents ;)

Anyway,

I decided to swap the good parts from the red one to the green one beause 1) I know a bit of history about it (knowing Rob would not of done anything bad and 2) I'm not interested in being pulled over by police every second, yeah the red one does look pretty cool and makes the green girl look crap, but when I'm not pedal to the floor I would rather blend in.

After pulling the stuff out of the red one, the whole beaver panel was rusted through, and having to second guess wether any other dodginess from the pass would rear its ugly head just made me do it the logical way of doing it all myself.

The Mod list now would be

4age conversion

Front is ae86 suspension (coilover, arms etc)

Slotted rotors

power Windows

What needs doing

Thermostat

Surge Tank

Wire up the reverse lights

gauges that work

Coilovers wound up

And future

Possible Turbo or supercharger

Some type of better diff

Maybe a respray or something, I don't think I'd go this far though would rather just reshell into a older corolla if I got to this point.

20130101143733.jpg

20130101143739.jpg

Dave

I've decided to go turbo. Will start to collect parts but will definetely be a couple months before the engine gets pulled out, as I want to take it down to AJD and get the other things that are urgent done first (thermostat,surge tank, a proper manifold that will run TPS)

Now to research good size turbos for the 4age... I will be selling the rims, front end, s13 seats etc out of the red one, if anyone wants to PM me regarding them before i make a offical for sale thread feel free too. Would consider swapping the rims for widened stock rims or something that looks more "stock" then the black ones.

Edited by Stenzel