4K Help/advice - Brisbane Area

wooshka

Hi, i'm just after some general advice on a 4k engine and where to go for some mechanical work to be done on the motor - the reason i'm asking is;

The engine blows quite abit of blue smoke which indicates to my novice mind that the rings are possibly gone/going/cracked, also there is quite a substantial amount of blowby in the carby. The motor has done 300000 odd k's and I am quite suprised it's still running. So what I am after is the best place to either get these checked, and depending on the outcome, fixed. At the same time Id like to obtain a weber3236, a 25/65 cam, heavy duty springs and to also run 0.400" valve lift. I would like this to be all in the brisbane area or australia if I have to any of the items needed.

Thank you so much if you can help me out, in advance!

Members dont see this ad

The motor has done 300000 odd k's and I am quite suprised it's still running.

K POWAH!

but seriously,

Cam:

Valve Springs:

Hopefully another member can fill in the gaps :)

Edited by LongJohnSilver

Got extractors on there already?? ..or are they later in the list?

Aim to lighten the flywheel and see if you can get it all balanced while its apart. A new oil pump and you have a bottom end that will take 7000rpm and last for years. If you're keen you could have the block walls sonic tested & fit 5K pistons, so you have a 1500cc 4K. The carb and exhaust can be done later when the budget allows.