Project Ae71 - Plan

Rollz94

Over the next few years I plan to have a 20v 4age implanted into a ae71. The following post is a plan of what is going to happen and estimated prices. It would be awesome to receive any feedback, if needed be harsh where I'm wrong.

Purchase light coloured grey, white or cream AE71- $2000 max

Purchase 20v 4age - $2000 est.

I'm waiting to receive quotes from a few jap imports shops.

My line of thought is try get hold of a half-cut, I have found in most cases the engine was running before it was hacked in half.

Suspension, Brakes & Wheels:

This will happen after my mechanical mate helps remove the 4ac and installs the 4age.

AE86 Coilovers using AE71 strut tops & AE86 steering arms $??? - Any offers?

AE86 brake package, again not sure of pricing.

My budget for wheels is $500, looking for some old school ones.

Interior:

New carpet - $150 (ebay)

Blacken interior panels - $100 est.

2 Race seats - $345 not top of the line...

Steering Wheel - $175 (ebay)

Gear knob - $30

I plan to remove the back seats and register it as two seater, I'm yet to research this in detail.

Exterior:

Obviously the black front and rear bumpers need to be replaced with its chrome counterpart.

Chrome front and rear bumper set - $800 (ebay)

Fix any paint damage - $100

Roll guards - $50/wheel or buy a guard roller $200.

JDM front lower lip - $130 (ebay)

Quad light front grille - I haven't found one for sale to find price.

Thanks for reading, I appreciate any feedback, good or bad.

-Olly

Members dont see this ad

My one big tip. Buy one already done with as much stuff as you can get. strip it, and rebuild it to your liking. (selling bits to fund different bits if required)

For isntance, if you buy a 20V half cut off an importer for $2k, you are less than 1/2 of the way (cost wise) to an actual running 20V in your ae71. so you would have spent 2k engine + 2k ae71, your up to 4k, and you still have a stocko car with an engine on your garage floor

where a you can buy a completely modified ae71/ke70, 20V supension, brakes probably wheels, for around 4-5k.

oh and scrap the 2 x shit race seats for 1 x 2nd hand recaro. Your back will thank me after about 5mins of driving.

A front wheel drive halfcut has no place in a rwd conversion.

All you need is a motor with accessories, try to get one with clutch, flywheel, manifolds and an alternator.

The fwd starter, airbox, mounts, gearbox, etc is all dead to you. As is anything in the body.

Wheres that meme, the one about plans 4age conversion - buys ae101 halfcut? haha.

You basically need next to nothing from the fwd halfcut.

Ive been able to buy a 20v and accessories from an importer before and its cost as little as $800.

Just deal with a shop that will give you a compression test. If a 20v has had an oil change, then it would have minimal sludge in the head. A good importer will let you pop a top cover off and have a look at whats in there.

• 4 weeks later...