Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4Age Alternator

Featured Replies

Hey guys just wondering how the alternator on my 4a turns on the charge light is it power or and eath ? I'm puting it in my ke30 and I know there is info out there I just can't under stand how the light works

  • Author

Thanks guys yeah I saw that diagram and there was one on toymods that was good but when I went to do it and use the diagrams the server was down so I was flying blind I got most of it sused now cheers

 

  • Author

Ok well it turns out I had the wiring all right to begins with and the funny thing is Toyota in there infinite wisdom didn't change the colors of the wiring either haha ....but my alternator isn't supplying the eath circuit to turn the light on so I guesse as long as the alternator changes I will not have a light until I get a new one . Unless anyone knows how I can fixit I kinda want it to work because I put in a lot of effort into running the original temp and oil pressure so if I can get the charge light working it would b the icing on the cake

I've got some questions, some of them might be a bit silly but they may help:

 

Have you tested it with a test light? If you turn put the positive probe of the test light on the positive battery terminal and then the negative probe on the "L" terminal on the alternator the light should come on, then when you start the car it should go out?

 

Have you earthed the engine properly?

 

KE30s have external regulators don't they? Did you ditch it when you wired up the new alternator?

Edited by rian

  • Author

Yep I have checked it with a test light and a multi meter and even from the terminal to the body of the alternator there isn't any continuity and yes I have removed the external reg from the system

Youve got a 3 pin plug on the alt,have you each wire used? looking at the alternator the top pin will be an "S" terminal,bottom left "IG" terminal and bottom right "L" terminal. S should be constant 12v,IG should be ignition switched 12v and l should go the the bulb in the cluster,where the opposite side of the bulb will have an ignition switched 12v also. S tells the regulator what state of charge the battery is in,IG switches on the regulator and L is just a way of telling you theres a problem with your charging,older alts used the l terminal as a means of exciting the coils to begin charging but new alts do it electronically. Thus you dnt need the light to have the alt charging.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.