What Diff To Use In My Ke20?

bigblue

Hey all,

I'm wondering what diffs people have used on the earlier ke models?

I'm gonna be running a 12a rotor and wana know if i can go down a different path instead of buying a hilux or

hilux diff and shortening? If i have to do it that way then so be it..but if there is an alternative then i'd like to know.

Thank you!

Members dont see this ad

Stock Borg Warners are pretty good... I've had one behind my 4age for a while now and i've done drifting, burnouts, drag racing... done just about everything you can to a diff and it hasn't broken yet.

Another cheap alternative is H165 datsun 1200 ute diff.. I ran one behind my ca18det in my 120y wagon for 2 years. Broke an axle once doing a heli

12a n/a or turbo?

The only real downside to the borgwarners is lack of LSD options.

To keep with the mazda theme you could modify a series 2 rx7 differential. they have disc brakes and have a factory LSD available. the factory lsd is pretty good too, clutch type thing.

mate of mine has done a number of 11.4's on his series 2 diff (12a turbo), broke two axels in the last 5yrs or so, so its not bullet proof, but not bad for a standard diff. we have rebuilt the diff with new shims a few times to keep it spinning two wheels, but it cops some abuse thats for sure.

Edited by ke70dave

12a n/a, I want to get it regoed first with a 12a (if its evenb possible in WA) n/a then look into porting and slapping a snail on it. Ive seen someone put a S1 diff straight into a Ke20 with out shortening and it looks funny!

but its definitley an option if its cheaper.

Thanks!